eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe. The business is the largest flight retailer globally, excluding China, and the largest in Europe. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it serves more than 17 million customers per year across 44 markets. Listed on the Spanish Stock Market, eDreams ODIGEO works with over 690 airlines and +2.1 million hotels. The business conceptualised Prime, the first subscription product in the travel sector which has attracted 3 million members since launching in 2017. The brand offers the best quality products and the widest choice of regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, dynamic packages, cruises, car rental services and travel insurance products to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers across the globe.
We are seeking VIP Communication Specialists to execute effective communication and management of the sensitive cases. The VIP Communication Specialist will directly report to the VIP Communication Manager and will be part of the eDreams ODIGEO Communications team, which is in a strong growth environment and will be based in our Barcelona office. This role is a great opportunity to explore multiple eDO business areas as it is a position working cross-functionality, understanding the different teams’ processes to investigate and analyse the potential improvements as well as to deepen your knowledge of the e-commerce, tourism and consumer industry.
- Manage VIP and sensitive customer complaints;
- Manage customer complaints received through our Social Care channels by identifying potential social media noise and working liaised with Community Managers to mitigate negative impact;
- Manage customer complaints addressed directly to CSM members;
- Proactively work to ensure excellent service to these highly valued individuals;
- Write, edit and distribute communication material to VIP customers;
- Coordinate VIP media inquiries with Comms & PR Managers related to the customer complaints;
- Identify PR risks in both national and local media to minimize negative visibility in print, broadcast, TV and online, by managing customer complaints;
- Help the Comms & PR team maintain a network of key business, travel, consumer, corporate and technology trade and other target media contacts;
- Support other VIP tasks such as: legal customer complaints, consumer organisation files, customer court cases, regulatory consumer cases and data protection consumer rights cases;
- Lead individual projects related to the VIP Communications team, collaborate with the team members and/or participate in cross-functional projects;
- Measure, analyse and report on the results of initiatives.
- Minimum 1 year of previous generalist experience in the management of VIP accounts, sensitive customer complaints, PR, media relations and/or Social Media management;
- Used to work with CRM tools;
- Excellent writing and communication skills as well as an excellent grammar in English at native level
- Proficient level of French and Spanish.
- Passion for the travel industry;
- Acute sense of judgment, tact, diplomacy and crisis communication;
- High analytical capacity, proactive problem solving mindset and highly organised;
- Customer-oriented, used to or comfortable working under pressure and constantly prioritising, with a passionate mind-set and eager to learn and a great teamwork attitude;
- Flexibility to respond to crisis business needs.
- Experience in handling VIP accounts;
- Experience in handling Spanish and/or European consumer regulatory complaints, data protection cases and/or court cases will be a plus;
- Other languages will be an advantage, including: German, English, Spanish, Italian, French, Catalan and/or Portuguese;
- GDS Amadeus and/or Galileo knowledge will be a plus;
- Proven successes in both traditional and interactive claims channels.
What do we offer?
- Fun at work: At eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance (e.g. half-day Fridays, team building activities, flexible hours, etc.).
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on all your travels.
- Competitive salaries & flexible benefits scheme: Ticket Restaurant, transport, private health insurance, etc.
- We like our eDOers happy and healthy! Free fresh fruit, water, breakfast alternatives for all (with many types of milk, teas, chocolate, etc.) and a significant Andjoy discount! After the gym you can always take a shower at our offices too.
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops, etc.
- Amazing offices in the heart of Barcelona with a beautiful terrace to have a break and enjoy the views.
- Annual awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
… And the opportunity to work on a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come dream with us and join us now!
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.