eDreams ODIGEO, the world’s largest online travel company in the flights sector and the largest publicly traded European e-commerce company by profitability, with more than 15 million customers in 46 countries worldwide. With five well-known brands; Opodo, GO Voyages, eDreams, Travellink and Liligo, the company offers the best deals on regular flights, charters, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rentals, cruises, holiday packages and travel insurance to its clients.
Our user research team continues to grow within a multi-disciplinary environment with our closest peers and stakeholders being Product Designs, Product Managers, Data Analysts, UX Writers, Engineers, and Marketing team. We care deeply about the people who use eDreams to plan and complete their travels. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the needs, attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform product and service design.
Collectively, we use a variety of qualitative and quantitative methods to accomplish our goals, including surveys, focus groups, field studies, usability tests, and 1:1 interviews. We value a diverse range of perspectives and stem from many different backgrounds. We also have a fully equipped physical UX Eye Tracking Lab as well as a fully functional online lab with a real time panel for moderated and unmoderated testing.
As a User Experience Researcher (UXR), you’ll help your team of UXers, product managers, designers, and engineers understand user needs. You’ll be a team player ready to jump into different product areas and help out designers and fellow UXers discover new user insights. You’ll work with stakeholders across functions and levels and have impact at all stages of product development.
You’ll play a critical role in creating useful, usable, and delightful products. This is a very hands-on position. You will be fully embedded within the Product Design Lifecycle and responsible for key user-centric research projects. We’re looking for excellent communicators who are knowledgeable about research devoted to understanding people. You will also need to be comfortable in a fast-moving organization, open-minded about learning new things, committed to high-quality and rigorous research, and focused on influencing the future of travel.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences
- Design and execute end-to-end custom primary research using a wide variety of methods in order to identify user needs and goals
- Ability to manage multiple research projects simultaneously, from planning and execution to analysis and reporting
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research
- Plan, create and effectively manage and prioritize your own research roadmap through ambiguous and fast-changing environments, align and efficiently execute critical insights and work with a large group of stakeholders
- Communicate results and illustrate suggestions in compelling and creative ways
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, content strategy, engineering and marketing
- Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs
- Identify new tools and methods to optimize the quality and efficiency of research activities
- Synthesize various data sources (e.g. qualitative and quantitative data, customer support data, Social Media data, etc.) to guide business decisions and drive change by translating your research insights into actionable recommendations
- You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Are a team player with a positive attitude and sense of humor
- Are an autonomous self starter willing to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional manner
- Are a great communicator who thrives on idea sharing and innovation
- Have excellent time-management and multitasking skills with the ability to prioritize quickly
- Champion user research within the organization
- Promote UX practices through democratization among UX Designers
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of relevant experience in data science, user experience, applied research and/or product research and development – ideally in a digital environment with experience in the mobile space, Master’s degree and 2+ years relevant experience, or a PhD and 1+ years of relevant experience
- Degree in a human related field, such as Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction, Human
- Factors, Sociology, Anthropology, OR Data Science, Statistics, or other undergraduate programs that include research methods and statistics as part of the core degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a researcher
- Experience with UX / Product Design Research, both evaluative and generative.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Statistics, Psychology, Anthropology, or related field.
- 3 years of experience working with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above).
- 2 years of experience conducting UX research on products, managing projects, and working in a large, matrixed organization.
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development process.
- Experience in a variety of product spaces, applied research and/or academic settings.
- Proficiency in communicating user research findings with cross-functional partners to drive impact
- Proficiency in selecting and implementing appropriate sampling methods to ensure accurate representation of user demographics and behaviors
- Experience with Qualtrics or other similar advanced survey authoring tools
- Experience with continuous monitoring and adjustment of ongoing surveys collecting several thousand responses monthly
- Experience with data visualization, dashboard creation, and real time data management with the support of technical individuals/teams
- Experience or exposure to working with Looker Studio (or similar)
- Experience with R, STATA, SPSS or equivalent
UX Research Toolkit:
- Familiarity and experience with basic statistical analysis (quant and qual)
- Experience with Usertesting.com, UserZoom.com, trymyUI.com or other similar remote moderated and unmoderated UX research tools
- Experience working with Fullstory
- Bonus points if you have experience with, or even better if you’re an expert in, working with a UX Lab set up such as eye tracking
- Mixed methods experience with a passion for understanding both the psychology and numbers behind a given research question
The official language of business at eDreams ODIGEO is English, therefore candidates must have solid English reading, writing and presenting skills. Proficiency in Spanish, German, French, Italian and other languages in addition to English is preferred.
What’s in it for you:
- 🕝 You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours policy and short Friday schedule (9am-3pm)
- 📍 At eDreams your team decides how often they meet: Flexible work policy with different hybrid options from Spain. Check with your recruiter for more details for this specific vacancy
- ✈ Free eDreams Prime Plus subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your flights and hotel bookings. Now you can include your friends and family too!
- 🤸♂️ Discounted gym memberships
- 📚 Free subscription to Coursera, a top-notch external learning platform
- 🍽 Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to redistribute part of your annual remuneration in goods and services, paying reduced tax rates, such as your kids’ education, public transport, restaurants, and private health insurance.
- Free English and Spanish courses
- 🍏 Fresh fruit and free coffee in the office (with many types of milk alternatives)
- 🌎 New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages (including visa support for specific open positions)
- ✨ Office in the heart of Barcelona with a beautiful rooftop terrace to have a break or enjoy our social activities – yes, parties are welcome here!
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come dream with us and join us now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.