eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it serves more than 18 million customers per year across 46 markets. Listed on the Spanish Stock Market, eDreams ODIGEO works with over 665 airlines and has partnerships with 130. The brand offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers across the globe.
Our Product Design team is one of the largest in Spain, and we’re continuing to grow with a multi-disciplined team of Product Designers, UX Researchers, Principal Design System and UX Engineers. We have moved to a newly refurbished office that’s centrally located in Barcelona. We have a UX lab that supports our ability to apply a customer focused and data-oriented approach to our overall process. We’re a fun-loving Product Design team who’s passionate about many things, including learning, sharing knowledge, innovation, and best-in-class user experience.
We conceptualise and design the experience of our digital products and evolve our product strategy by having a customer and data centric approach. Our Product Designers work embedded in multiple product teams, working closely with Product Owners, UX Researchers and Developers.
We’re looking for a highly creative and motivated Senior Product Designer, with ecommerce experience to join our Product Design team. As a Senior Product Designer at eDreams Odigeo you will use your design skills to create meaningful and memorable experiences that delight our customers and drive profit to the business. You’ll work in a POD system very closely with Product Design Leads, UX Researchers and other Product Designers while collaborating with various stakeholders like Product Owners and developers. The ideal candidate would be able not only to be the user advocate but also to be able to make the right balance between the user and the business needs in every stage of the design process till the final output. You’ll also use your technical expertise and design know-how to help our team communicate more fluidly and rapidly.
- Create engaging, easy-to-use mobile web and desktop design solutions that address business and user needs;
- Leverage research insights (both qualitative and quantitative), trends, and best practices to recommend and influence the product experience. Connect design decisions to desired business goals and outcomes;
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product team;
- Participate in user research activities and usability studies to be able to iterate design solutions based on customer data;
- Lead and facilitate brainstorming sessions and workshops with multi-disciplinary teams during early stages of product ideation;
- Embrace collaborative approaches to design. Work closely with product management, user research and engineers throughout design, development and implementation cycles;
- Produce concept models, journey maps, interaction flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes and mock-ups;
- Produce pixel-perfect production assets and design specifications and work with developers to implement design solutions;
- Present your design work to peers and partners with exceptional presentation, communication, and negotiation skills. Be a leader both inside the Product Design group as well as within a product team;
- Understand our brands, our aesthetic, and our differentiators – become a brand steward in everything you contribute;
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality;
- Help cultivate a strong design culture within the eDreams Odigeo Product Design team through organizing opportunities for skills sharing and/or developing thought leadership within the Product Design community through teaching and speaking opportunities;
- Drive Product Design vision in alignment with product roadmaps.
- 5 to 7 years professional Product Design experience as a key member of a Product Design team participating in the product development lifecycle of several successfully delivered web, mobile and/or software applications;
- Experience in designing for ecommerce platforms across all platforms;
- Bachelor’s degree in design, related field, or equivalent professional experience;
- Solid knowledge of Sketch, Figma, Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator;
- Demonstrated experience using analytics data to inform design decisions;
- Demonstrated experience on doing usability testing and design research activities or collaborating with a UX research team;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to speak to and defend your decision making yet be able to have open, direct and respectful conversations to ensure we reach the best possible design solutions as a team;
- Understanding of complex e-commerce businesses, preferably with travel industry experience;
- Excellent attention to detail; a demonstrated experience of interaction design, typography, color, and page layout;
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating your Product Design skills;
- English speaker with good written, verbal, and presentation abilities;
- Team player with a positive attitude and sense of humor.
What do we offer:
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels,
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure,
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences,
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning,
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path,
- We also have for you a Ticket Restaurant benefit & unlimited beverages and coffee for free at the office (with many types of milk alternatives) because we like our eDOers happy and healthy
- A phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance,
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages,
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements,
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work on a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come dream with us and join us now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.