Are you ready to shape the future of travel by working at one of the world’s largest online travel companies? At eDreams ODIGEO you can make travel experiences better for people across the world, combining more than 600 airlines and 100.000 flights worldwide every day into billions of potential combinations and helping our users find the very best travel deals.
Our passion is travel, our business is technology.
Our dynamic team of young, talented professionals from over 60 different nationalities and varied academic backgrounds is driven by one clear mission: making travel easier, more accessible, and creating better value for our customers worldwide. Within the Data Science team, we are focussed on researching and building cutting-edge solutions to evolve better travel experiences for our customers, all by leveraging the information from over 30 million searches that we receive everyday! Due to this scale, we are able to have a wider and better selection of travel plans that are tailored to suit the traveller’s needs which is probably more than any other travel site. We have dozens of machine learning models in production making hundreds of thousands of predictions which help improve customer experience, optimise processes and adapt to changing market conditions. The team is constantly analysing the past to understand it, and predicting the future to guide the business on making decisions that drive the most value both for our customers and our business.
We set the path with data and intelligence. Shape with us the way people travel.
We are looking for a passionate, highly analytical Data Scientist to join our talented team in the sunny and vibrant Barcelona office. You will have the opportunity to crunch massive datasets using the latest Big Data technologies as well as solve problems using state of the art algorithms. You will have the chance to debate and explore new ideas, approaches and technologies with your compatriots to design and implement the best solutions. We follow the philosophy of using the right tool for the right job and are not afraid to explore the greenfield. You will be a key player in the organization; designing and implementing advanced analytics and using machine learning to build AI powered solutions for almost every area in the business like online fraud detection, recommendation engines, user experience personalization, optimizing the flight combinations we offer or the marketing campaigns we launch, and virtually every possible area subject to optimization in the business. Join us and help us reach our ambitious goal of becoming the global leader in online travel!
As a Senior Data Scientist, apart from gathering and analysing data, generating insights and building models, you will also be responsible for:
- As a first step, take a business challenge, understand it, and translate it to a data science or machine learning problem
- Successfully discuss and negotiate plans and initiatives with stakeholders, leading necessary meetings
- Organise, create, communicate and present effectively to large audiences of different backgrounds
- Coordinate with stakeholders and organize tasks for yourself and peers involved, guiding projects to ensure its alignment with company’s strategy
- Train and execute models following best practices in DS, designing and implementing any end-to-end ML solution necessary in collaboration with IT and Data Engineering stakeholders
- Write quality code following good practices and standards (we love PEP-8, testing and documentation), and coach and mentor your peers to do so
- Address potential pitfalls due to technical constraints before they arise by working around them
- Take advantage of cloud solutions to improve the time to market
- Mentor and lead other data scientists, and keep yourself updated on advancements in the field of ML and share it with your peers
- Capitalize the opportunities for testing and implementing cutting edge algorithms, prioritizing delivery and impact on business
- Create or adapt algorithms to fit non-standard problems
- Degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative fields).
- 5+ years of related experience as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning engineer or similar.
- Previous experience in problem solving, strong analytical and technical skills.
- A solid understanding of appropriate statistical, data mining and machine learning methods for various analysis situations.
- Experience using programming languages like Python, Scala, Java, Spark etc.
- Experience in Big Data technologies; such as NoSQL/graph databases and/or distributed computing would be a plus.
- Written and oral communication skills (in English).
What do we offer?
- Safe environment during COVID times: Onboarding and daily work can be done 100% remote.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- We also have for you a Ticket Restaurant benefit & unlimited beverages and coffee for free at the office (with many types of milk alternatives) because we like our eDOers happy and healthy!
- A phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance.
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work on a dynamic, dedicated, fun, and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come dream with us and join us now.
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.