eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it serves more than 18 million customers per year across 46 markets. Listed on the Spanish Stock Market, eDreams ODIGEO works with over 665 airlines and has partnerships with 130. The brand offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers across the globe.
Our dynamic team of young, talented professionals from over 60 different nationalities is driven by one clear mission: making travel easier, more accessible, and creating better value for our 18 million customers worldwide. Inside our Data Science team, we research and build cutting-edge solutions to be able to offer more and better combinations of tailored travel plans than any other site. We have dozens of machine learning models in production doing hundreds of thousands of predictions that optimize our processes, improve the content for our customers and help us adapt to changes in the market. The team is constantly analyzing the past to understand it, and predicting the future to guide business on making the decisions that drive the most value both for our customers and our business.
We set the path with data and intelligence. Shape with us the way people travel.
We are looking for passionate, highly analytical Data Scientists to join our talented team in sunny and vibrant Barcelona, working with eDream´s Marketing team. You will have the opportunity to design and implement our data strategy in customer analytics, customer experience, segmentation and lifecycle management domains. To do this, you will crunch massive datasets using the latest Big Data technologies, solve problems quickly with an already classic algorithm, or build our own proprietary approaches. You will be a key player in the organization by designing and implementing advanced analytics and using machine learning for developing recommendations for the Marketing team. Join us and help us reach our ambitious goal of becoming the global leader in online travel!
What you will do:
- Be part of the our Data Science and Marketing teams
- Apply advanced analytics to create marketing insights, in themes like customer segmentation, customer experience management, customer lifecycle management – churn prediction, LTV
- Collaborate with other teams in product management, product design, market research , pricing and data engineering to implement your recommendations
- Build domain expertise in marketing and e-commerce applications of ML
As a Senior Data Scientist, apart from gathering and analyzing data, generating insights and building models, you will also be responsible for:
- As a first step, take a business challenge, understand it, and translate it to a data science or machine learning problem
- Successfully discuss and negotiate plans and initiatives with stakeholders, leading necessary meetings
- Organize, create, communicate and present effectively to large audiences of different background
- Coordinate with stakeholders and organize tasks for yourself and peers involved, guiding projects to ensure its alignment with company’s strategy
- Train and execute models following best practices in DS, designing and implementing any end-to-end ML solution necessary in collaboration with IT and Data Engineering stakeholders
- Write quality code following good practices and standards (we love PEP-8, testing and documentation), and coach and mentor your peers to do so
- Address potential pitfalls due to technical constraints before they arise by working around them
- Take advantage of cloud solutions to improve the time to market
- Mentor and lead other data scientists, and keep yourself updated on advancements in the field of marketing, ML and share it with your peers
- Capitalize the opportunities for testing and implementing cutting edge algorithms, prioritizing delivery and impact on business
- Create or adapt algorithms to fit non-standard problems
- Degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative fields).
- 5+ years of related experience as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning engineer or similar.
- Previous experience in problem solving, strong analytical and technical skills.
- A solid understanding of appropriate statistical, data mining and machine learning methods for various analysis situations.
- Experience using programming languages like Python, Scala, Java, Spark etc.
- Exposure to customer analytics in an e-commerce or B2C environment
- Experience in Big Data technologies; such as NoSQL/graph databases and/or distributed computing would be a plus.
- Written and oral communication skills (in English).
What do we offer?
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- We also have for you a Ticket Restaurant benefit & unlimited beverages and coffee for free at the office (with many types of milk alternatives) because we like our eDOers happy and healthy!
- A phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance.
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!