We are building a world-class Online Marketing Technology organization and we are seeking a highly motivated and driven back end Senior Online Marketing data engineer to design, implement and maintain data pipelines along with building the backend of applications and services to automate, simplify and de-risk processes currently manually executed. This will help marketers to spend less time on repetitive tasks and to better measure the impact of marketing spend.
Data and automating processes is at the core of our online marketing campaigns and in this role, you’ll work with key marketing leaders to understand their business domain (search engine marketing, app marketing, display advertising, retargeting) and how data and technology can empower them.
You will work along with other Analysts, Data Scientists and SW developers and will drive automation and insights for the eDreams Odigeo internal marketing teams, which are among the top Google, Microsoft Bing, Facebook and Criteo customers by spending in Europe.
The Online Marketing Technology team members are passionate about data, automation, statistical models, technology and innovation and love to work in a collaborative and agile environment. Team members are eager to learn and grow, to deep dive into things, to share constructive feedback and they welcome feedback from other team members. They also love challenging the status quo and are constantly thinking of new ways of doing things. You will be spending most of the time on data manipulation (pulling and merging data from external data sources through API’s or internal cloud) with the end goal to build software and algorithms for intelligent task automation. This position will report directly to the Marketing Measurement and Technology lead. Join us and help us reach our ambitious goal of becoming the global leader in online travel!
- Design, implement and maintain a solid Data Lake and Data Warehouse that collects, stores, and processes data, focusing on scalability and reliability.
- Manage data pipeline scalability, error recovery, monitoring, alerting, and observability.
- Create and manage conceptual, logical and physical data models.
- Improve data discovery and literacy by promoting exploration and visualisation across the team.
- Analyze large complex datasets in order to be able to design and develop dashboards to drive business decisions.
- Mentor and coach other data engineers, software engineers, product managers on data best practices and technologies.
- Help the team to create a best in class data & automation vision and strategy.
- Assist in designing the architecture of the applications in order to minimise the development time and ensure we don’t build what can be already found in the market.
- Collaborate with many product, engineering and business teams to produce relevant data solutions in a fast-paced, agile environment that focuses on delivering value to our customers early and often.
- Help the broader team to improve the way of working and make suggestions to improve it.
- Contribute to the knowledge base and culture of the team by coaching and growing it.
- Degree in a quantitative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, etc.). A PhD is a plus.
- Relevant work experience for 5 years in software development (ideally Python) and data warehousing. Having worked in the online marketing domain is a plus.
- Strong proficiency in SQL or other database languages.
- Knowledge of modern data warehouses (Snowflake, Redshift, Vertica, etc. – ideally BigQuery) and big data structures.
- Experience with data pipeline orchestration (Airflow, Dagster, Prefect, etc.).
- Experience working with modern BI tools (Tableau, Looker, Qlikview, etc.).
- Knowledge of data quality, monitoring and alerting tools.
- Nice to have experience with NoSQL systems (MongoDB, Neo4j, etc.).
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, etc. – ideally Google Cloud).
- Nice to have experience with designing the architecture of an ETL data process or a software application from start to finish.
- We also value experience with model deployment, Docker, Git, CI/CD and virtual environments (pip, conda, etc.).
- Good communication & collaboration skills.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Positive reviews as a team player with a strong positive attitude.
- Ability to research using internal knowledge bases and public facing documentation (Google Cloud Platform documentation, StackOverflow, etc).
What can make you stand out:
- Experience working with Agile Methodology (Kanban highly valued);
- Experience with Google Analytics / website analytics platforms is a plus;
- Experience with Google, and/or Microsoft Bing and/or Facebook API a plus;
- Familiarity with modern API technologies (OAuth, RESTful APIs)
- Good analytical skills;
- Knowledge of digital marketing & advertising technology ecosystem;
- Knowledge of any other programming language is a plus.
What do we offer?
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- Flexible benefits scheme: Ticket Restaurant, transport, private health insurance, etc. & unlimited beverages and coffee for free at the office (with many types of milk alternatives) because we like our eDOers happy and healthy!
- A phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance.
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work on a dynamic, dedicated, fun, and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and join us now.
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.