eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it serves more than 17 million customers per year across 45 markets. Listed on the Spanish Stock Market, eDreams ODIGEO works with over 665 airlines and has partnerships with 130. The brand offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers across the globe.
Our Product Design team is one of the largest in Spain, and we’re continuing to grow with a multi-disciplined team of Product Designers and UX Engineers. We have moved to a newly refurbished office that’s centrally located in Barcelona. We have a UX lab that supports our ability to apply a customer focused and data-oriented approach to our overall process. We’re a fun-loving Product Design team who’s passionate about many things, including learning, sharing knowledge, innovation, and best-in-class user experience.
We conceptualise and design the experience of our digital products and evolve our product strategy by having a customer and data centric approach. Our Product Designers work embedded in multiple product teams, working closely with Product Owners UX Researchers and Developers.
The Product Design Lead manages, leads and mentors a team of Product Designers in one of our 5 product areas. The Product Design Team Lead has direct responsibilities on the coordination and performance of the team they lead while also supporting the definition and progress of the overall strategy of the entire Product Design team. The team leads collaboratively help drive the leadership of the larger Product Design team by defining and tracking activities and progress of the Product Design roadmap.
- Lead and inspire your designers to deliver high quality, highly effective and innovative solutions in order to increase business and customer satisfaction.
- Coach and mentor; you’ll challenge, grow and mentor designers, and contribute to fostering a collaborative team spirit.
- Design engaging, easy-to-use mobile web and desktop design solutions that address business and user needs. You’ll be working hands on on the most strategic projects of the company.
- Communicate your work and your team’s work to stakeholders; from fellow designers to executives.
- Collaborate with key business and technology stakeholders to ensure customer centricity is at the heart of the products we deliver while we balance business needs and technological challenges.
- Support the definition and execution of your product area’s strategy by collaborating with the Head of Product Design, your product area’s director and the different product teams.
- Optimize lean Product Design processes to improve quality, innovation, speed of learning and delivery.
- Support the definition and delivery of the short and long-term vision, mission and strategy for the Product Design team.
- Contribute to the definition and evolution of design methods, tools and processes within the Product Design team.
- Ensure that all design solutions maintain a cohesive user interface and experience across all devices, following our design system.
- Minimum 5+ years professional Product Design experience as a key member of a Product Design team participating in the product development lifecycle of several successfully delivered web, mobile and/or software applications.
- Demonstrated experience coaching and mentoring Product Designers
- Understanding of complex e-commerce businesses, preferably with travel industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in design, related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Demonstrated experience using data to inform design decisions
- Experience hands-on in Product Design and research.
- Experience in A/B Testing.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- English speaker with good written, verbal, and presentation abilities.
- Team player with a positive attitude and sense of humor.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
What do we offer?
- Safe environment during COVID times: Onboarding and daily work can be done 100% remote.
- Fun at work: At eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance (e.g. team building activities, flexible hours, 28 days of holiday in 2021 +2 extra days off in Christmas, etc.).
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on all your travels.
- Competitive salaries & flexible benefits scheme: Ticket Restaurant, transport, private health insurance, etc.
- We like our eDOers happy and healthy! Free fresh fruit, water, breakfast alternatives for all (with many types of milk, teas, chocolate, etc.) and a significant GymForLess discount! After the gym you can always take a shower at our offices too.
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops, etc.
- Amazing offices in the heart of Barcelona with a beautiful terrace to have a break and enjoy the views.
- Annual awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
… And the opportunity to work on a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come dream with us and join us now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.