At eDreams ODIGEO, we all believe in one thing – helping millions of people discover the world through the power of travel. Our cutting edge travel tech platform does so at scale. We help more than 17 million customers reach their destination faster, cheaper and more conveniently by finding, booking and servicing the best travel deals out there. We do this by using cutting edge software development practices, clean architecture, big data and AI – all done at scale to build the best e-commerce platform in travel.
We are now on an exciting journey to double our engineering team and become the one stop travel shop for travellers around the world while reshaping the face of travel with our unique industry-leading Prime membership program. We are looking for a passionate, energetic iOS or Android Lead Engineer to build and lead a team of 7-10 experienced software engineers in the Customer Self Service Domain.
In the Customer Self Service domain, where our mission is pretty simple: bring the power back to travelers. We aim to offer customers the best postbooking services in just one click. We aim to empower travelers to quickly resolve any unexpected changes to any of their travel plans across all our platforms (desktop web, mobile web and native apps). You think it’s simple? well… It is not: in an industry that connects hundreds of airlines, millions of travel routes and thousands of hotels, managing travel bookings can be a nightmare. But we aimed for the stars and created a team that rocks and this has paid off. Our post booking experience is the highest rated of any OTA. However, we will not stop until we completely transform the travel experience by helping our travelers to make informed decisions and adapt their trips as they want!
As a lead engineer, your work matters. You play a critical and leading role in shaping and leading our Customer Self Service technology, as part of a talented team of experts. You collaborate with the relevant product managers to define and develop new innovative customer experiences. You shape the technical strategy of the Customer Self-Service Domain and evolve the micro-services architecture, in collaboration with our talented architects. You collaborate with our data scientists to improve our flight cancellation detection algorithms. The technology your team creates affects whether 17+ millions of customers are able to change their travel plans – particularly in the face of airline cancellations – and secure unique travel experiences that will change their lives. At the same time, your leadership will help your team grow, develop and feel cared for. You lead a high performing team of cross-functional specialists, fully dedicated to one important mission – making travel changes and cancellations as easy as possible for customers.
When you join us as a Lead Engineer, you will see yourself:
Leading the technical delivery of impactful products at eDreams.
- Working with a top-notch native tech stack.
- iOS: Swift, VIPER, Clean Architecture, XCTests,Unit tests, Snapshot Tests and UITests, Cocoapods, Fastlane, Jenkins and CircleCI.
- Android: Kotlin, Retrofit, Apollo for GraphQL, MVP and MVVM, SOLID, Clean Architecture, DI with Dagger, Unit Tests, Roboletric, UI Tests Espresso by Robot Pattern and Gherkins, Whitelabel with 4 Flavours.
- Collaborating with Product, Business, Architecture, Data Science and the technical leadership group to shape the technical strategy and evolution of the Travelshop area, defining the technical strategy for your modules and ensuring their optimal performance
- Helping your team translate functional specifications into high-performance logical technical design, code and split the work into smaller tasks that add quick value to customers
- Promoting our standards of technical excellence, innovation and continuous improvement
Leading the team:
- Leading a high performing cross functional team of 7-9 experienced software engineers with the help of the agile coaches
- Taking an active role in finding and hiring the best talent available, in collaboration with our recruiters, and onboard new joiners into our culture of high performance, ambition, passion, collaboration, create funny and positive environment fomenting the growth
- Managing performance, setting goals and prioritising work for your team, balancing the capacity of the team
- Establish a sense of identity, engagement and belonging in your team, and improve team dynamics – in collaboration with your dedicated agile coach
- Act as a mentor, helping others develop their skills and professional career
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Ability to take fast and data driven decisions
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to represent and transmit our values
- Intense focus on what delivers customer value
- High standards around quality and technical excellence in coding
- Developing and growing self and others
- Presenting with confidence to both technical and non technical audiences
Key technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience with coding, OO design, system design, performance tuning, performance engineering, design patterns, data modelling
- Experience in native products in iOS and/ or Android and code base knowledge
- Knowledge and experience with distributed, concurrent and scalable systems
What’s in it for you?
- 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
– A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
– Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
– Life insurance covering death and permanent incapacity to work
– Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
- Continuous growth and learning:
– Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
– Language classes for English and Spanish
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin colour, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.