eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe. The business is the largest flight retailer globally, excluding China, and the largest in Europe. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it serves more than 17 million customers per year across 44 markets. Listed on the Spanish Stock Market, eDreams ODIGEO works with over 690 airlines and +2.1 million hotels. The business conceptualised Prime, the first subscription product in the travel sector which has attracted 3 million members since launching in 2017. The brand offers the best quality products and the widest choice of regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, dynamic packages, cruises, car rental services and travel insurance products to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers across the globe.
Our legal team is looking for a candidate (temporary role) who will be the team’s sole German legal counsel and will be responsible for all topics related to the German market, and all litigation in Germany. The candidate will also manage topics which are not Germany specific, including the negotiation of commercial contracts.
The role is dynamic and additional tasks may be assigned due to the priorities of the group.
- Manage customer litigation claims in the Civil Courts;
- Manage consumer law issues that might arise from consumer and regulatory bodies;
- Attend at court as eDreams legal representation, and/or engage and liaise with external counsel to attend and represent;
- Liaise with various internal departments to gather relevant information regarding customer/consumer claims, and analyse facts to determine course of action
- Respond to relevant court and defend as appropriate;
- Liaise with external and opposing counsel;
- Assist in the coordination of litigation in other markets, as required;
- Track customer litigation in databases and spreadsheets
- Review, redraft and negotiate commercial contracts, including those related to IT/Software, strategic partnerships and inventory supply.
- Work closely with the various departments and internal stakeholders in the review and management of commercial contracts along the contract management life cycle, including assisting in renewals and terminations;
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and business teams to ensure that legal concepts are communicated clearly, and legal frameworks are incorporated into business practices;
- Communicate legal risk factors and legal concepts clearly to internal stakeholders;
- Manage local commercial issues in Germany, such as real estate, insurance and facilities.
- Advise on legislative changes as they impact the group’s business activities;
- Advise on the legal requirements of the website, funnel and products, and assist in the drafting of T&Cs and disclaimers;
- Assist in the drafting of framework legal agreements and other templates for use by the legal team and other departments; assist in the building and maintenance of the legal team’s precedent bank and internal Know How documents;
- Provide support to other members of the legal team, and to business teams, on an as-needed basis;
- Law degree or equivalent with excellent academic credentials and be authorized to practice law in Germany;
- Fluent in English (working language). The candidate must have excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in English and German, with the ability to draft complex legal agreements in English;
- 3+ years’ professional experience in a law firm with experience in litigation and in contract law (with additional in-house experience an added plus)
- Experience in drafting legal agreements and documentation including NDAs, RFP/RFQ/RFIs, MSAs, SOWs and OFs, API agreements, white labels, partner and consultancy agreements
- Understanding of EU consumer law with knowledge of travel industry a particular plus
- Strong transactional skills, with significant experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, leading negotiations, advising on risks and strategizing;
- Strong GDPR and data privacy knowledge and experience;
- Adept at Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strict attention to detail and the ability to manage projects and priorities;
- Extremely organised, proactive and detail orientated;
- Strong work ethic and organisational skills
What do we offer?
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy.
- Fun at work: At eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!;
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning.
- A phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance;
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work on a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come dream with us and join us now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.