eDreams ODIGEO is the world’s leading travel subscription platform and one of Europe’s largest e-commerce businesses. We proudly serve over 20 million customers across 44 markets through our four renowned online travel agency brands: eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine, Liligo. Our listing on the Spanish Stock Market and collaboration with nearly 700 airlines demonstrate our commitment to excellence.
Back in 2017, we launched Prime—the first subscription product in the travel sector, which has now amassed an incredible 4.6 million members. At eDreams ODIGEO, we offer the best quality products in flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, dynamic packages, cruises, car rentals, and travel insurance. Our mission is to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers worldwide.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel (Compliance & Antitrust) – Entry level to be part of our Legal Department. You will report to the Antitrust & Compliance Group Counsel. Acting as a Legal Counsel for the company, you will contribute to ensure Company’s compliance with its regulatory obligations as well as supporting the Company when responding to authorities’ replies
What you will do
- Participate in the development and maintenance of the Company’s compliance policies and procedures to ensure they remain in sync with regulatory updates.
- Prepare or review compliance materials and toolkits, communications and trainings as need be
- Handle inquiries related to anti-money laundering, anti corruption, trade sanctions and compliance processes (KYC) from partners and authorities
- Define a publication calendar and prepare internal compliance newsletters (in collaboration with other team members)
- Manage the company’s dedicated compliance Slack channel, open to all employees, by responding to colleagues’ questions and developing informative resources
- Investigate and prepare replies to compliance-related issues raised internally
- Contribute to the knowledge database for compliance
- Collaborate with various internal departments, including Business, Corporate, Data Protection, and Internal Audit, on cross-functional compliance matters, as need be
- Monitor compliance/regulatory updates and identify impact on Company’s activities
- Provide support to respond to EU and National competition- law-related Requests For Information (RFI) and other competition-law topics as need be
Who you are
- Strong educational legal background, master in compliance would be an asset.
- Ideally, post qualification experience either within a law firm or as an in-house counsel.
- Fluent in English (working language).
- Solid understanding of a compliance role within an international group active in the e-commerce sector.
- Curiosity, initiative and adaptability.
- Attention to detail.
- Team player with good communication skills.
- Interest to create innovative ways to transmit legal knowledge to non-legally-qualified people.
What’s in it for you:
- 🕝 You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours policy and short Friday schedule (9am-3pm)
- 📍 At eDreams your team decides how often they meet: Flexible work policy with different hybrid options from Spain. Check with your recruiter for more details for this specific vacancy
- ✈ Free eDreams Prime Plus subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your flights and hotel bookings. Now you can include your friends and family too!
- 🤸♂️ Discounted gym memberships
- 📚 Free subscription to Coursera, a top-notch external learning platform
- 🍽 Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to redistribute part of your annual remuneration in goods and services, paying reduced tax rates, such as your kids’ education, public transport, restaurants, and private health insurance.
- Free English and Spanish courses
- 🍏 Fresh fruit and free coffee in the office (with many types of milk alternatives)
- 🌎 New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages (including visa support for specific open positions)
- ✨ Office in the heart of Barcelona with a beautiful rooftop terrace to have a break or enjoy our social activities – yes, parties are welcome here!
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.