eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular and charter flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18 million customers it serves across 43 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
We’re looking for talented hands-on Lead Engineer to join our Engineering Team based in Barcelona & Madrid, Spain, reporting to the Development manager.
As Lead Engineer you will be responsible for ensuring technical excellence, maximizing team health and developing high quality value added features to offer to our customers.
What about your role?
As Lead Engineer you will (included but not limited to):
- Define the technical strategy of the modules assigned and liaise with architecture and development manager to ensure optimal solutions.
- Design and develop new features using the best practices and the last technology in IT to support new functionalities and releases while securing performance, reliability and scalability.
- Promote technical improvements/ideation within the team boosting innovation and continuous improvement.
- Provide technical support and mentor software engineers to help them translate functional specifications into high-performance, logical technical design and code, as well as support their professional growth while promoting health and efficient working dynamics.
And what about our Development team?
- We are building a passionate team focused on high performance application.
- We value hunger for learning, ambition and sharing.
- We build complex applications using the new best methods and technologies. We always encourage our team to share new ideas and innovation!
- You will work in an informal atmosphere with a young team but highly qualified.
How do we work?
We have the chance to work with amazing Agile Coaches and Product Owner helping Technical Team to follow the best practices of Agile Methodologies.
We work hard, live & breathe technology and always think differently to create new exciting features!
For a better idea about our culture, check out the brief video of our last Hackathon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVvI30rEotI
So, are you the right fit?
Desired Skills & Experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent (IT engineer)
- +4 yrs experience in complex technology environments as well as leading development teams
- Expert knowledge of Java programming language/coding. Understand and apply design patterns, SOLID and Clean Code principles.
- Solid know-how in Java EE 8
- Fluent in English & great coms skills as you will be interacting with various stakeholders from different cultures on a daily bases.
- Dynamic, proactive, passionate about Java, willing to evolve in a fast paced environment and familiarized with agile methodologies and techniques.
Will be a plus if you have experience with:
- Web Development for platforms with high load and concurrency
- Unit test frameworks experience and functional test (Cucumber and Gherkins)
- Elastic search
- Versions Control (Mercurial with Bitbucket)
- Analysis documentation and Design in UML
- Experience on create user histories to build product to fit the porpoise
- Experience using JBOSS applications servers
- Amadeus XML API
- Java SUN Certifications
- Experience within the tourism sector is highly valuable, in particular with GDSs integrations: Amadeus, Galileo or in Hotels
- Experience in agile technics like Kanban, Risk profiling, Impact mapping, …