Are you ready to shape the future of the travel industry by working in one of the world’s largest, most innovative, online travel companies and shaping the ONLY subscription business in online travel?
Who we are and what is our purpose?
At eDreams ODIGEO, we all believe in one thing – helping millions of people discover their world. Our overall mission is to create a one-stop-shop for our customers, where they can find and book the best travel options for their needs and experience amazing post-booking service in our best-rated mobile app. Our cutting edge ecommerce platform helps more than 17 million customers in 46 countries reach their destination faster, cheaper and more conveniently by finding the best travel deals out there.
If you are up for a challenge, you won’t find a more impactful or rewarding experience. Now, it’s the perfect time to join us. We are growing very rapidly out of the pandemic and are investing heavily in our Technology organization, bringing opportunities for impact and growth galore.
What will you do?
For the last 20 years, we have been at the leading European Online Travel Agent, at the forefront of innovation in travel tech. We are the only travel company to create a widely successful subscription program – our Prime membership. Prime is the most innovative and disruptive subscription program in the online travel industry – and the only one! Being a Prime member allows customers to access discounted fares and a set of other perks.
You will join us in the heart of our Prime subscription program, where your mission will be to scale our Prime program to a best-in-class membership program that customers truly love. We believe this will revolutionize the way customers decide where to buy their travel. We are well on our way with this mission with more than 2.5 million members. Join us to triple this – and offer the best membership program ever to more than 7.5 million customers.
We set the path. Shape with us the way people travel.
What are we like?
At eDreams, we value three things: great technology, collaborative and ambitious culture and amazing people!
We build complex applications using the best new methods and technologies. Having a technical mindset is vital for us, which is why we promote:
Microservices platform and modular FE
Powerful monitoring techniques using Data dog, BigQuery and Graphana.
Story book using Design system made with emotion and styled system.
SOLID principles and TDD
Do you have a real passion to thrive developing high-quality software?
Join us and put your expert Java knowledge to use crafting high-performance applications.
Our culture is based on four values: high standards, innovation, collaboration and growth. We work hard, live and breathe coding AND product and always think out of the box to create new exciting features. We value hunger for learning, knowledge sharing and ambition to grow and benefit from the best IT career path in Europe. We encourage our team to share new ideas and innovate. We believe in full end to end ownership of results and empower our teams to drive their own decisions for the benefit of the customer and our business, iterating fast to continuously learn and improve. We work side by side with our own Agile Coaches and Product Owners to follow the best practices of the Agile Methodologies because YES, WE KANBAN!
Our people in the Prime area are at the heart of what the customer experiences when searching and booking their travel on our ecommerce platform. You will be part of a very close-knit community of 50+ very talented and experienced engineers, all passionate about delivering the best membership experience out there, and helping each other grow.
Why will you love joining us?
- We work with top-notch tech stack
- Backend: Java 11, Angular JS, JAX-RX, Maven, TestNG, Gherkin and Cucumber, REST webservices, JBoss 6-7 EAP, Oracle SQL, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Kafka, Redis, JUnit, Mockito, ABBRO for Event Domains and Jenkins for CI.
We work develop new features on a modern, low legacy, distributed, scalable microservices platform, where software gets deployed daily, with high quality, clean code, SOLID principles and TDD
- We work with top-of-the-range development tools like Google Cloud, Jira, Bitbucket, Mercurial, Git, Kibana, Graphana, AppDynamics, Spotfire etc.
- We have talented colleagues as mentors, plus tailored learning program, to help you develop your career fast thanks to our amazing Tech career path
- We are a high performing young multi-disciplinary product development team of 7-10 developers, POs, UXers, QAs, data scientists etc, all sharing the same values and focus on the customer, where everyone can speak up with new ideas, take initiative and be a self-starter.
- We work in a fully agile organization, using Kanban practices to deliver business value continuously.
- We own our product. We will influence both product and technical decisions on a day-to-day basis. No-one will tell you what to do.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Guide the team grow by mentoring more junior team members, giving feedback, organizing training sessions and sharing your expertise, to improve technical excellence across the IT organization.
- Participate in, influence architecture decisions, definition and adoption of technology best practices. Assist in architecting our current and future large-scale web and mobile applications.
- Take advantage of your data driven capabilities and use your design pattern skills to solve complex business and customer problems.
- Understand your product and be involved in the ideation process.
- Challenge decisions and provide active input to shape the product and technical roadmap, based on data and insights.
- Offer suggestions on how to improve your product, based on active monitoring of product and technical performance.
What will you need to be successful?
- Proven experience as a (Senior) Software Engineer, with at least 3 years of solid experience as a Software Developer in a large-scale test-driven enterprise environment.
- Excellent understanding of coding fundamentals and strong knowledge and experience with at least one coding languages (Java 8, 11) and appropriate frameworks.
- Strong technical problem solving skills. Creativity and proactivity to come up with creative options to deliver solutions, and identify opportunities to improve.
- Experience across the software development life cycle (ideally, not just the developing/ coding phase) (nice to have). Works with UX, deploy, monitoring etc.
- A growth mindset, seeking opportunities to learn, share and grow continuously.
- Some experience in mentoring and coaching more junior developers.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, comfortable to work in large teams or teams of teams.
- A good level of technical English to collaborate with people across 50 nationalities.
Nice to have
- Ability to understand business context quickly.
- High level of personal leadership and ownership, ability to plan and organize own work and take responsibility.
- Focus on delivering business or customer outcomes, and not just tasks.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies.
What’s in it for you?
- 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano).
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS.
A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings.
Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance.
- Continuous growth and learning.
Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
Language classes for English and Spanish
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 50 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.