As you contemplate your future, you might be asking yourself, what’s the next step? Start your journey with us!
We’re seeking an experienced Java Senior Software Engineer to join our team in the Payments Domain (where our systems create 100k products every day, and they collect more than €423M in cash revenue per year, while at the same time protecting ourselves from fraud using ML algorithms), in Barcelona, Porto, Madrid or Milan – other locations in Spain, Portugal and Italy are equally possible – (hybrid) to deliver the best payment journey to our customers and create and design new financial products for our customers. If you’re ready to soar, we’re ready to take you there.
Why eDreams ODIGEO
Join the world’s leading travel subscription platform and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe.
20 million customers – 44 markets – 5 brands – 5.2M members in Prime
16.2 million bookings FY23 – More than 50,000 bookings per day – 100 million daily user searches
8 Billion ML predictions per day – Up to 1.8 billion daily AI predictions[e1]
1400 employees – More than 50 different nationalities – 99% permanent contracts – 36.3 average age
We’re a leading travel tech company, revolutionising the travel booking experience through our consumer insight, innovative technology, market leadership, and Prime, the world’s first travel subscription program.
You will work closely with product owners, data scientists, UX designers to:
- Integrate & offer customers the most innovative payment methods.
- Create new innovative payment plans and products.
- Design and develop a super convenient experience.
- Create an intelligence anti-fraud engine based on big data.
- Stay ahead of the payments regulations and optimise our collection success.
This is going to be one of the most exciting and innovative areas for us. Here you can expect to be innovating on a daily basis – in terms of customer experience, complex algorithms, and also ideas for new products we can offer customers.
You will work with cutting edge technologies including Java+11, BigData (Kafka, Cassandra, BigTable, Redis, Neo4j), machine learning and Datamesh in a continuous delivery and cloud based environment (Docker, Kubernetes and GCP). Everything is supported by a high quality monitoring process with Sonarqube and Datadog.
We are looking for people that challenge the status quo, that bring new ideas to the table, that can influence, drive and have a say in the way we address our customers, the way we build our product and the way we work. Does this sound like you? 👇
When you join us as a Java Senior Software Engineer, you will get to:
- Be part of a high performing cross functional team of 7-10 developers, working in collaboration with the lead engineer and other senior engineers to design, build and evolve the Check-Out Domain microservices platform.
- Leverage your technical excellence mindset to promote the use of microservices platforms, clean code and SOLID principles and TDD.
- Willing to work and create distributed, scalable microservices platforms, where software gets deployed daily, with high quality, clean code, SOLID principles, design patterns and TDD.
- Deeply understand corporate procedures, tools and organisation in order to be independent when working with the modules on your area of expertise, in any phase of the SDLC.
- Work with talented colleagues who will mentor you and help you develop your career super fast. Demonstrate high communication skills, organisational, control and delegation abilities. and an open mind to reach agreements for the benefit of the team and your stakeholders.
- Work in a fully agile organisation, using Kanban practices to deliver business value continuously, experimenting to deliver more value and be more efficient. Active participation in team ceremonies and events.
- Design & develop advanced systems and algorithms that help us solve big problems related to finance, payments or fraud. Willing to be the best and provide resilient, performant, well dimensioned solutions to complex problems.
- Actively participate in the product definition and ideation processes. Have the capacity, at high and low levels, to visually represent the solutions in standard diagrams that can be shared with both technical and non technical audiences.
- Code the solutions with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and test quality. Be a referral of best practices within the team. Make use of corporate libraries and tools, while following corporate and team quality standards.
- Use your senior expertise to mentor and help develop 2 -3 team members.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Solid experience for more than 5 years with Java.
- Experience working with the entire software development cycle, including deploying to production and testing (both unit and integration).
- Deep understanding of software engineering concepts such as OOP, functional programming, concurrency, data structures, design and architecture patterns, databases, APIs…
- Experience working with Cloud and of Continuous Delivery environments to help you deliver value quickly.
- Strong data driven capabilities and design pattern skills that will allow you to solve complex business and customer problems.
- Ability to analyse and provide creative solutions to business & customer challenges, focusing on the outcome and not on the tasks.
- Ability to create visual diagrams that represent the technical details of the solution depending on the audience.
- Strong communication skills and ability to reach agreements on behalf of the best value delivered to the customer. Capacity to organise, prioritise and delegate tasks to overcome deadlines in an uncertain environment.
- Good English level that will allow you to work in a multicultural environment and communicate at all levels.
- A strong mindset for continuous learning and improvement, growth and innovation.
- A team player attitude with a focus on knowledge sharing within a dynamic team.
- Transmit passion on what you do, willing to improve every day and apply the latest state of the art technology, when possible, to your solutions. Focus on quality.
What’s in it for you?
The best talent deserves the best benefits
At eDO, we want you to be a part of our success story and great culture.
Here’s what we offer:
- A rewarding Compensation package! 💥 Prime Plus membership, Competitive salary and benefits package, including flexible benefits, performance-based bonuses, birthday day off, discounts and partnerships, relocation support and the possibility of choosing your equipment and, even better, keeping it for free after 3 years.
- Continuous learning to fuel your growth and explore new horizons! 📚 Learn and grow with free Coursera access, soft skills workshops, tech training, leadership development, and more. Plus, enjoy a great onboarding program.
- Grow opportunities to empower your career, and unleash your potential! 🚀 Personalised career paths and the eVOLVE Program will help you discover, grow, and thrive. Internal mobility opportunities let you pursue horizontal career changes and promotions.
- Your Well-being is our Priority. Embrace Freedom and Flexibility! 💙 At eDO, we value flexibility, employee care, and transparency. We offer a hybrid home-office model focused on outcome, not time-in-seat. You’ll be able to find the right work-personal life balance that suits you best.
- Work hard, party hard! We believe in having fun and connecting with colleagues! 🎉 Join eDO for after-work events, padel tournaments, parties, and more. Create communities based on your passions, like sports and music. Come to work as you are, with no dress code, and enjoy free fruit, coffee, and tea at our offices.
- Enjoy a dynamic and healthy environment! 💫 Be innovative, take risks, and share your ideas. Our diverse and open-minded teams support high performance, learning, and growth. You’ll work in an Agile Mindset environment with recognition at our core.
Wanna take a peek into what it’s like to work at eDO? Follow us on LinkedIn and discover more about life at eDO!
If you are ready for a career opportunity with unmatched benefits, continuous learning, and a supportive work-life balance, look no further! Take your career to new destinations by applying now and help our diverse, inclusive, and passionate team shape the future of travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Our people are the key to our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.