As you contemplate your future, you might be asking yourself, what’s the next step? Start your journey with us!
We’re seeking an experienced Java Senior Software Engineer to join our Transport in Barcelona, Porto or Madrid (hybrid). If you’re ready to soar, we’re ready to take you there.
Why eDreams ODIGEO
Join the world’s leading travel subscription platform and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe.
20 million customers – 44 markets – 5 brands – 5.2M members in Prime
16.2 million bookings FY23 – More than 50,000 bookings per day – 100 million daily user searches
8 Billion ML predictions per day – Up to 1.8 billion daily AI predictions[e1]
1400 employees – More than 50 different nationalities – 99% permanent contracts – 36.3 average age
We’re a leading travel tech company, revolutionising the travel booking experience through our consumer insight, innovative technology, market leadership, and Prime, the world’s first travel subscription program.
✈️ You will build and evolve our Flights Search/Booking/PostBooking Domain microservices platform, which powers more than 2.5 billions searches every month, providing the best airline offers to our customers in more than 40 different countries 🌎. Do you want to learn how to generate more than 9Bn itineraries in less than 5s? And even more…help us reach our vision and get this to instant?
We are a travel company, but more importantly, a tech company, aspiring to be the best in cutting edge technologies and ways of working, always looking to evolve to the next step.
We are offering you the chance to learn and work with innovative technologies including Java11, BigData (Kafka, Cassandra, BigTable, Redis, Neo4j), machine learning and Datamesh in a continuous delivery and cloud based environment (Docker, Kubernetes and GCP). Everything is supported by a high quality monitoring process with Sonarqube and Datadog.
We don’t look just for developers to do their code and move on to next ticket, we want Engineers that challenge the status quo, that bring new ideas on the table, that can influence, drive and have a say in the way we address our customers, the way we build our product and the way we work. Does this sound like you? 👇
What you’ll need to be successful:
- You have meaningful experience being in a senior engineer role driving technical work for other engineers. You stay up-to-date on industry trends and understand how to apply them.
- Provide technical guidance for complex initiatives. Deliver strategic technical improvements.
- Improve code structure and architecture, taking care of testability and maintainability, identifying opportunities for technical investments to help the team meet the objectives.
- Successfully deliver projects with high complexity, involving multiple stakeholders, including monitoring and mitigating timeline risks.
- Effectively give and receive feedback, including code reviews, architecture reviews, and mentoring other team members, coaching them to upgrade their skills and grow to the next level.
- Communicate complex ideas to technical and business stakeholders, and establish alignment within the broader organization.
- Constantly looking to expand your skills and skill-sets through learning and increasing knowledge.
- Team player -> You enjoy collaborating, sharing your skills and knowledge with others.
- Good English level that will allow you to work in a multicultural environment. Our teams are from all over the world (> 45 nationalities), with different backgrounds, cultures and interests.
What’s in it for you?
The best talent deserves the best benefits
At eDO, we want you to be a part of our success story and great culture.
Here’s what we offer:
- A rewarding Compensation package! 💥 Prime Plus membership, Competitive salary and benefits package, including flexible benefits, performance-based bonuses, birthday day off, discounts and partnerships, relocation support and the possibility of choosing your equipment and, even better, keeping it for free after 3 years.
- Continuous learning to fuel your growth and explore new horizons! 📚 Learn and grow with free Coursera access, soft skills workshops, tech training, leadership development, and more. Plus, enjoy a great onboarding program.
- Grow opportunities to empower your career, and unleash your potential! 🚀 Personalised career paths and the eVOLVE Program will help you discover, grow, and thrive. Internal mobility opportunities let you pursue horizontal career changes and promotions.
- Your Well-being is our Priority. Embrace Freedom and Flexibility! 💙 At eDO, we value flexibility, employee care, and transparency. We offer a hybrid home-office model focused on outcome, not time-in-seat. You’ll be able to find the right work-personal life balance that suits you best.
- Work hard, party hard! We believe in having fun and connecting with colleagues! 🎉 Join eDO for after-work events, padel tournaments, parties, and more. Create communities based on your passions, like sports and music. Come to work as you are, with no dress code, and enjoy free fruit, coffee, and tea at our offices.
- Enjoy a dynamic and healthy environment! 💫 Be innovative, take risks, and share your ideas. Our diverse and open-minded teams support high performance, learning, and growth. You’ll work in an Agile Mindset environment with recognition at our core.
Wanna take a peek into what it’s like to work at eDO? Follow us on LinkedIn and discover more about life at eDO!
If you are ready for a career opportunity with unmatched benefits, continuous learning, and a supportive work-life balance, look no further! Take your career to new destinations by applying now and help our diverse, inclusive, and passionate team shape the future of travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status. Our people are the key to our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.