eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it serves more than 18 million customers per year across 46 markets. Listed on the Spanish Stock Market, eDreams ODIGEO works with over 665 airlines and has partnerships with 130. The brand offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers across the globe.
As the Head of UX Research you’ll be responsible for leading a team of both qualitative and quantitative researchers while also driving independent research to validate product hypotheses and identify new opportunities. You’ll establish standards and processes for this team while driving a strategic customer-focused vision that benefits the whole company by always balancing the user and the business needs.
By joining eDreams ODIGEO you will have all the tools needed at your disposal in order to deliver value to the business and to our customer base. From online tools to our state of the art UX lab you will be able to support our ability to apply a customer-focused and data-oriented approach to our overall process.
We’re a fun-loving UX Research team that’s passionate about many things, including learning, sharing knowledge, innovation, and best-in-class user experiences.
What you will do:
- Develop a strategy for research that meets the organization’s objectives and deliver measurable results.
- Lead a team of UX Researchers that are capable of executing that strategy.
- Work closely with different stakeholders to craft research strategies and give clear guidance to the content design team on the main content goals, and what success looks like.
- We are looking for someone that can build cross-functional relationships while representing UX Research.
- Manage and mentor a team of UX Researchers.
- Collaborate with Product Design, UX Writers and Product teams over the course of the agile product development lifecycle.
- Deliver innovative operating procedures that can scale as the team grows to maximize efficiency and business impact
- Align business goals and priorities with user needs in order to support the company’s strategic direction.
- Advocate a customer-focused culture by educating and evangelizing the benefits of research, sharing knowledge, and promoting key research insights.
- Prioritize research activities, create project plans, and ensure on-time and quality deliverables from team members.
- Drive the synthesis of qualitative and quantitative data from various sources and stay connected to evolving business needs to embolden findings and recommendations.
- Guide business decisions and drive change by ensuring that key findings are actioned, extending the impact of the research and insights team.
- Work with teams across the company to gather customer data sources to align insights and identify new research opportunities.
- Support the planning, facilitation, analysis, and synthesis of various qualitative methodologies, including usability studies, diary studies, ethnographic field studies, card sorting, guerilla studies, and more.
- Lead internal workshops to gather requirements and align stakeholders who may span across multiple departments.
- Identify and introduce new research methodologies and tools as appropriate.
- Lead the creation of centralized research and insights data, guidelines and various resources for the benefit of the company.
Who you are:
- Solid experience working with cross-functional executive-level stakeholders and influencing business strategy
- Track record of translating research into business impact
- Excellent communication skills to deliver data-driven, strategic, recommendations to the business
- High level of English communication both verbal and written.
UX Research expert
- Worked for a minimum of 5 years experience in a research role
- Completed a master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Statistics, Psychology, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Directly managed across different research methodologies
- Expertise on conducting primary research (either qualitative or quantitative) end-to-end (i.e., designing, fielding, analyzing and reporting out data)
- Have at least 1 year experience in management a team
- Built teams over time through hiring, growing, and retaining high-performing researchers
- Past experience in empowering great professionals
What’s in it for you:
- 🕝 You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours policy and short Friday schedule (9am-3pm)
- 📍 Onsite, hybrid or remote work? Your choice – remote in Spain, Italy and Portugal or hybrid/onsite in Barcelona, Madrid, Milan and Porto
- ✈ Free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your flights and hotel bookings
- 🤸♂️ Discounted gym memberships
- 📚 Free subscription to top-notch external learning platforms
- 🍽 Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced, tax free rates for your kids’ education, public transport, restaurants, and private health insurance.
- 🍏 Free fruit and coffee in the office (with many types of milk alternatives)
- 🌎 New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages (including visa support)
- ✨ Office in the heart of Barcelona with a beautiful rooftop terrace to have a break or enjoy our social activities – yes, parties are welcome here!
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and join us now!
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.