eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular and charter flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 17 million customers it serves across 46 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
eDreams ODIGEO is looking for a Head of Media Services. You will form part of the ODIGEO Supplier’s team in a strong growth environment and reporting to the Director of Media Services, leading a small team of sales persons. You will be responsible for your individual and the team’s revenue growth, selling our portfolio of digital products (Direct Advertising, Audience Extension and Data) and boosting the market while executing the strategies outlined by the company.
What you will do:
- To achieve and over perform the annual revenue targets for the Spanish and Italian markets and contribute to the achievement of the Global Media Sales Budget, hitting own sales targets and leading the team’s performance with results.
- Monetize the audience of our sites by optimising all revenue streams: Content creation, Premium display formats, Audience extension, Data and traditional media solutions.
- Identify and develop his/her portfolio of clients, specifically from the tourism sector (tourism boards, hotels, airports), media agencies and any other brand safe sectors interested in promoting their products digitally.
- Sales role : build a clear strategy to develop both market, especially for the Italian market (action plan / prospection plan)
- Support his/her team to develop their portfolio
High quality and impactful campaigns
- Understand our clients KPIs and ensure delivery of these expectations.
- Support in design and planning of the advertising campaigns based on the identified needs of potential customers.
- Look after the results of the campaign and the performance of the clients based on the identified needs to be monitored.
- Sales performance optimization focused on ROI orientation.
- Maintain and grow the own client portfolio establishing long term relations which can increase customers’ investment in ODIGEO’s brands.
- Establish and maintain contact with both advertisers and any of the intermediaries in this sector- advertising agencies and media centers- among others while attending the meetings scheduled by his / her team that must be considered key.
- Attend the most relevant travel & digital marketing events in each market.
Leadership and Innovation
- Lead a small sales team with 1-3 sales persons living the companie’s values
- Be a driver that develops and help his / her team to develop the strategy and the transformation of the team into a 360º digital service department supporting eDreams Odigeo core business.
- Develop strands with Air suppliers team including: airline advertising team, fares and pricing team to leverage airline opportunities
- Be a proactive member to bring added value, contributing to tactical and strategic initiatives, new concepts, new advertising formats and biz dev to optimizing the trading performance of the Market and the Group overall.
- Sales data analysis to collect relevant info for sales team members
- Forecasting sales and adjusting/redistributing objectives/targets and KPI’s to achieve budgeted targets
- Local team Revenues Budget control and invoicing processes.
- Regular local benchmarking and price checking, as well as sales analyses. (Volume & Yield).
- Achieve all sales performance metrics in order to build and convert a strong sales pipeline.
- Ensure accurate and daily use of Salesforce.
- Be curious : Bring new project and new idea to develop the team revenue
- Teamwork skills
Who you are:
- Minimum 3-5 years of sales and management experience within the digital advertising space preferably from publisher side, but not limited to.
- Strong understanding of Travel industry and digital Advertising technologies (such as DFP, ADX, selling model, provider) and buying models
- Proficient in Spanish and English
- Ability to analyse and draw meaningful and actionable insights from data.
- It is highly advantageous to have a portfolio of clients and/or online media contacts.
As an individual you must be proactive, results driven and with a high level of client relationship management.
- Must have a positive, can do attitude.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- A self starter who takes plenty initiative.
- University degree related to Business/Tourism and Marketing, Advertising or E-Commerce or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Nice to have: Italian native or proficient in Italian; Experience with SalesForce and Microstrategy and experience in/with online/offline travel agent industry
What’s in it for you:
- 🕝 You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours policy and short Friday schedule (9am-3pm)
- 📍 At eDreams your team decides how often they meet: Flexible work policy with different hybrid options from Spain. Check with your recruiter for more details for this specific vacancy
- ✈ Free eDreams Prime Plus subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your flights and hotel bookings. Now you can include your friends and family too!
- 🤸♂️ Discounted gym memberships
- 📚 Free subscription to Coursera, a top-notch external learning platform
- 🍽 Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to redistribute part of your annual remuneration in goods and services, paying reduced tax rates, such as your kids’ education, public transport, restaurants, and private health insurance.
- Free English and Spanish courses
- 🍏 Fresh fruit and free coffee in the office (with many types of milk alternatives)
- 🌎 New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages (including visa support for specific open positions)
- ✨ Office in the heart of Barcelona with a beautiful rooftop terrace to have a break or enjoy our social activities – yes, parties are welcome here!
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.