eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it serves more than 18 million customers per year across 46 markets. Listed on the Spanish Stock Market, eDreams ODIGEO works with over 665 airlines and has partnerships with 130. The brand offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers across the globe.
Thanks to a successful period of growth at eDreams ODIGEO, we’re now looking for a Head of Content to join our thriving business. This is a fantastic opportunity to lead a community of highly talented UX writers and marketing copywriters to work closely with Product, Marketing and other areas of the business.
We’re looking for a Head of Content to lead our team of 7 English-native Content Designers, both in the Product (UX) and Marketing areas. You’ll oversee the content for our main business verticals, headed up by senior writers, and mentor and shape the way that we communicate to our customers, aligned with our tone of voice and brand guidelines. You will see to it that our style is evangelised across our different funnels, products and campaigns.
You’ll manage expectations with internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the Content Design team, understanding their needs and giving visibility of content processes and priorities. You’re a self-starter with strong organisational skills and acute attention to detail, and are someone who thrives in an atmosphere of rapid development, balancing customer needs with those of the business. You will be unafraid to make decisions and educate the business about the importance of good content, written well!
What you will do:
- Develop a strategy for content that meets the organisation’s objectives and deliver measurable results;
- Lead a team of UX Writers (working closely with Product) and Marketing Copywriters (working closely with marketing teams) that are capable of executing that strategy;
- Work closely with different stakeholders to craft content strategies and give clear guidance to the content design team on the main content goals, and what success looks like;
- You will align business goals and priorities with user needs in order to support the company’s strategic direction;
- Prioritise and collaborate with counterpart colleagues across main eDreams areas within Product, Marketing and other business areas;
- Champion good content design practice within eDreams;
- You will be responsible for content management systems, content analytics, and sound project management skills;
- An inspiring leader with strong influencing skills who can quickly build credibility with team members and rapport with stakeholders at all levels in the organisation;
- Periodically review current workflows to implement better ways of working and optimise team performance;
- Manage and mentor team members by creating learn and grow programs to ensure they continuously keep growing to maximise efficiency and business impact.
Who you are:
- 5+ years experience in a similar role dealing with copywriting, content and localisation;
- Experience in eCommerce companies on how to apply best-in-class retail techniques; experience in the travel sector is not mandatory but highly valued.
- English native speaker and fluency in other European languages;
- Experience working with cross-functional executive-level stakeholders;
- Proven leadership experience, managing a team of Content Designers for Product and Marketing;
- Broad-based understanding of CMS systems, both commercial and internally developed
- Expert in thinking of new and innovative ways of working to achieve the right outcomes;
- Understand content strategy, localisation and conversion tactics in an eCommerce environment;
- Experience in building cross-functional relationships while representing Content design;
- Expertise in managing and mentoring teams of UX Writers and Marketing Copywriters;
- Experience building teams over time through hiring, growing and retaining high-performing Content designers;
- Process-oriented independent thinker who proactively identifies areas for improvement;
- Team player with a positive/proactive attitude and sense of humour.
What’s in it for you:
🕝 You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours policy and short Friday schedule (9am-3pm)
📍 Onsite, hybrid or remote work? Your choice – remote in Spain, Italy and Portugal or hybrid/onsite in Barcelona, Madrid, Milan and Porto
✈ Free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your flights and hotel bookings.
🤸♂️ Discounted gym memberships
📚 Free subscription to top-notch external learning platforms
🍽 Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced, tax free rates for your kids’ education, public transport, restaurants, and private health insurance.
🍏 Free fruit and coffee in the office (with many types of milk alternatives)
🌎 New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages (including visa support)
✨ Office in the heart of Barcelona with a beautiful rooftop terrace to have a break or enjoy our social activities – yes, parties are welcome here!
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.