eDreams ODIGEO is the world’s largest online travel company in the flights sector and the largest publicly traded European e-commerce company by profitability, with more than 17 million customers in 45 countries worldwide. With five well-known brands; Opodo, GO Voyages, eDreams, Travellink, and Liligo, the company offers the best deals on regular flights, charters, low-cost airlines, hotels, car rentals, cruises, holiday packages, and travel insurance to its clients.
We are now looking for a talented Project Manager to join our Finance Development Team based in Barcelona, acting as an interface between Finance, Product and IT plus other business areas within the company. The Finance Project Manager, will be responsible for delivering medium to large-scale project using appropriate project management skills. Responsible for managing the implementation of the new projects and business initiatives into the common middle and back office, ensuring the alignment between all impacted areas. He/she will manage an internal team (not direct reporting) and external consultants supporting the process definition, implementation and system support/maintenance if applied.
The typology of these projects are projects launched by any business area of the company where Finance is one of the key stakeholders. This will allow the selected candidate to have visibility and involvement in a wide range of initiatives, as well as to collaborate with many different IT PODs, Business and Product areas within eDreams ODIGEO. In addition, he/she will be responsible for providing product and functional expertise in clarifying and documenting finance needs and processes, whilst reporting progress and ultimately ensuring timely delivery.
Finally, will be responsible for managing some list of projects in the backlog, with focus on how they are affecting the Finance organization.
- Support with the coordination within the Finance organization across all markets, gathering requirements and ensuring dependencies for a successful delivery of the projects.
- Act as a focal point and interface between Finance and IT, Product or other business or functional areas, to understand, define and document the Finance requirements for the different business projects.
- Understand partner needs and build effective relationships.
- Guarantee the definition of the common processes within the Odigeo Finance organization considering both internal and external dependencies from other business areas.
- Take ownership on the maintenance and improvement of the tools required on the Finance organization managing a team of system key users (not direct reporting).
- Tracking and reporting project progress to the relevant stakeholders on a regular basis, highlighting issues or delays, risks and mitigation actions.
- Be fully aware of standardized tools and template requirements and be a ‘go to’ person for feedback on the development of project/program management standards.
- Approach to risk management spans project level up to strategic risk management when required.
- Manage several projects in parallel, reporting and escalating risks, impact and mitigation actions affecting any Finance process.
- Facilitate the participation of the Finance Key users, when appropriate, in the business acceptance testing for new releases and business new internal projects to be released, identifying and prioritizing bugs, in order to ensure that the business requirements have been met.
- Proven 5 years’ experience on project management within multinational environments for a mid to large size organization.
- Degree/professional qualification or equivalent work experience required.
- Proficient in the use of planning tools, development of cross functional plans.
- Demonstrate influencing skills to achieve solutions and dealing with challenging stakeholder situations.
- When faced with issues, apply lateral thinking and analyses available information to solve problems and engages with teams to resolve.
- Ability to Influence partners and/or organizational leadership through effective listening and communication to accomplish program/project goals.
- Ability to handle multiple high priority projects in a fast paced and rapidly growing environment.
- Use a variety of communications methods to deliver information meaningful to the audience and project needs.
- Solid understanding of both financial and technical concepts.
- Strong analytical skills and experience of producing business requirements documentation.
- Fluent Spanish & English is a must.
- Agile methodology: Kanban
- Advanced user on MS Office tools
- Experience on a big consultancy firm implementing ERP Financial modules (SAP, Oracle…) will be highly appreciated.
- Travel & accommodation industry knowledge.
- JIRA tool knowledge
- Technical background for understanding the Finance Function.
- Responsible, attention to detail.
- Hands-on profile
- Good interpersonal skills
- Pro-active and problem solving.
- Adaptable to change
- Good ‘internal customer’ focus
What do we offer?
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- We also have for you a Ticket Restaurant benefit & unlimited beverages and coffee for free at the office (with many types of milk alternatives) because we like our eDOers happy and healthy.
- A phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance.
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work on a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come dream with us and join us now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.