eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it serves more than 18 million customers per year across 46 markets. Listed on the Spanish Stock Market, eDreams ODIGEO works with over 665 airlines and has partnerships with 130. The brand offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers across the globe.
Our dynamic team of young, talented professionals from over 60 different nationalities is driven by one clear mission: making travel easier, more accessible, and create better value for our 18 million customers worldwide. Inside our Data Science team, we research and build cutting-edge solutions to be able to offer more and better combinations of tailored travel plans than any other site. We have dozens of machine learning models in production doing hundreds of thousands of predictions that optimize our processes, improve the content for our customers and help us adapt to changes in the market. The team is constantly analyzing the past to understand it, and predicting the future to guide business on making the decisions that drive the most value both for our customers and our business.
We set the path with data and intelligence. Shape with us the way people travel.
We are looking for a passionate, highly analytical Data Scientist to join our talented team in sunny and vibrant Barcelona. You will have the opportunity to either crunch massive datasets using the latest Big Data technologies or solve a quick problem with an already classic algorithm. We always promote using the best tool for each task. You will be a key player in the organization by designing and implementing advanced analytics and using machine learning to build AI-powered solutions for almost every area in the business like online fraud detection, recommendation engines, user experience personalization, optimizing the flight combinations we offer or the marketing campaigns we launch, and virtually every possible area subject to optimization in the business etc. Join us and help us reach our ambitious goal of becoming the global leader in online travel!
What you will do:
- Conduct predictive analytics to better understand how our customers interact with our products and help us anticipate their needs.
- Collaborate with Product and Business teams in order to embed Machine Learning into our apps, services and products and create predictive models and generate insights from our data.
- Coordinate, challenge and share the best analytical practices and methods within the organization.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in Machine Learning technologies and Data Science trends.
- Effectively communicate results and insights with other stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or other quantitative fields).
- 2+ years of related experience as a Data Scientist, Machine Learning engineer or similar.
- Previous experience in problem-solving, strong analytical and technical skills.
- You have a solid understanding of appropriate statistical, data mining and machine learning methods for various analysis situations.
- Strong experience coding in Python. Other programming languages like Scala, R, or Java are also valued.
- Experience using frameworks like, Spark, Tensorflow and the already classic libraries like scikit-learn, pandas, etc.
- Solid knowledge and use of SQL is important. Experience in Big Data technologies; such as distributed computing, NoSQL/graph databases or architectures based on kubernetes, airflow or kafka would be a plus.
- You are committed to follow good practices and conventions, from code versioning to QA processes and monitorization.
- Written and oral communication skills (in English).
What do we offer?
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- Flexible benefits scheme: Ticket Restaurant, transport, private health insurance, etc. & unlimited beverages and coffee for free at the office (with many types of milk alternatives) because we like our eDOers happy and healthy!
- A phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance.
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and join us now.
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.