Dreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18 million customers it serves across 43 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed on the Spanish Stock Market.
We are now looking for a dynamic, business-savvy Communications & Public Relations Specialist to join the Communications team and help execute the company’s PR strategy. The successful candidate will report to the head of Corporate Communications and will work collaboratively with the broader internal team as well as with external agencies across multiple countries. The Communications & PR Specialist will be based in our Barcelona office.
What you will do:
- Support the execution of the international PR strategy, with a focus on Spain, Portugal, and the UK, including corporate and consumer announcements, brand awareness, product launches, speaker opportunities, and proactive/reactive press opportunities;
- Work closely with external PR agencies across multiple markets;
- Collaborate with internal teams to gather information and insights to develop pitches;
- Conduct research, analysis, and benchmarking to identify and inform communication and pitch strategies;
- Use data analysis to identify newsworthy angles for the media and support PR initiatives;
- Write and edit materials for external use, including press releases, media pitches, presentations, and other communications materials;
- Manage editorial calendars;
- Ensure all PR materials are up-to-date, including Q&As, narrative documents, messaging guidelines, and other materials used for external communications;
- Proofread, translate and edit documents in English and Spanish;
- Provide support to manage media inquiries and interview requests;
- Support with sponsorship management;
- Measure, analyze, and report on results of PR initiatives;
Who you are:
- Minimum 4 years of previous experience in media, agency, PR or media relations;
- Degree in Communication, Journalism, Advertising or Public Relations or equivalent experience;
- Experience with financial and business PR;
- Must have native-level fluency in Spanish and English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills in both languages;
- Strong understanding of media relations and the media landscape;
- Acute sense of judgment, diplomacy and crisis communication;
- Experience in handling international accounts;
- Experience managing data sets and conducting data analysis;
- Knowledge of other languages would be desirable, including Portuguese, German, Italian and French
- Experience or knowledge of the travel industry would be advantageous.
- Ability to take initiative as a self-starter with strong teamwork skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders
What’s in it for you:
- 🕝 You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours policy and short Friday schedule (9am-3pm)
- 📍 At eDreams your team decides how often they meet: Flexible work policy with different hybrid options from Spain. Check with your recruiter for more details for this specific vacancy
- ✈ Free eDreams Prime Plus subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your flights and hotel bookings. Now you can include your friends and family too!
- 🤸♂️ Discounted gym memberships
- 📚 Free subscription to Coursera, a top-notch external learning platform
- 🍽 Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to redistribute part of your annual remuneration in goods and services, paying reduced tax rates, such as your kids’ education, public transport, restaurants, and private health insurance.
🇪🇦 Free English and Spanish courses
- 🍏 Fresh fruit and free coffee in the office (with many types of milk alternatives)
- 🌎 New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages (including visa support for specific open positions)
- ✨ Office in the heart of Barcelona with a beautiful rooftop terrace to have a break or enjoy our social activities – yes, parties are welcome here!
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.