eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18 million customers it serves across 43 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
We are now looking for two Business Analysts that will work within our Vacation Products department in two different teams: Ancillaries and Dynamic Packages.
If you have excellent analytics capabilities and are willing to learn about e-commerce and the travel industry in a fast-paced environment then this is the opportunity for you!
We do not require more than one or two years of proven business experience, as we will provide you with extensive hands-on training helping you become progressively independent in a few months.
While the Ancillaries team is mainly focusing on sales & margins data of our non-flight tickets products (baggage, insurance, etc.) our Dynamic Packages team is fully dedicated to the analysis of our flight + hotel packages product.
Main Job Responsibilities:
1) Extract and analyse data on sales and marketing channels to identify opportunities for improvement for Vacation Products:
- Extract large amounts of data from our data platforms and tools to run thorough numerical analysis to identify changes and drivers that affect the performance of the business;
- Build mathematical and statistical models to extract further insights from data;
- Liaise with Business Intelligence and other analytics teams to identify sources of information;
- Build tools to automate data extraction and build dashboards.
2) Clearly communicate results, findings and analysis across a number of formats in order to aid decision-making;
3) Identify advanced tools and methodologies (e.g. Machine Learning) that could potentially be used to improve our analytics toolkit.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics or similar;
- 1-2 years of experience in a similar analitical role;
- Strong Analytical mindset: You enjoy working with data and are comfortable with math and statistical analysis, and are able to quickly extract implications from data;
- Organized and self-starter, with attention to detail and focused on results and productivity;
- Good business awareness, plus the ability to understand the global business picture;
- Strong Excel capabilities; comfortable running complex analysis and dealing with high amounts of data;
- Programming skills will be highly valued (SQL specifically but any other would be relevant as well);
- Team player and strong willingness to work as a team;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Fluent in English (this will be the day to day working language);
- Experience in Analytics role would be a plus;
- Experience in Digital Sales & Marketing or in the Travel Industry is a plus.