eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest e-commerce businesses in Europe. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it serves more than 17 million customers per year across 45 markets. Listed on the Spanish Stock Market, eDreams ODIGEO works with over 665 airlines and has partnerships with 130. The brand offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for consumers across the globe.
The BI Data Engineer will work within the BI team in an agile environment working on the current BI platform migration from Oracle to Google Cloud Big Data technology. His main responsibilities will cover the full ETL process, from data gathering to basic dashboard building. The new platform will be able to support billions of records per day.
- Understand and translate Product Owners needs into specific tasks.
- Analyse, document and develop reports targeted to a variety of users.
- Data load processes development and optimization.
- Data QA control.
- Support users when needed.
- Liaise with other areas of the BI department.
Desired skills and experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent (IT engineer), Mathematics, Physics, Economics, etc.
- +4 years of solid proficiency experience in Python.
- +2 year experience in SQL and data modelling.
- +2 years experience in ETL tools such as Oracle Data Integrator, Power Center, Kettle or such.
- +1 year experience in Google Cloud Composer (Airflow), Data Proc and BigQuery.
- +2 year experience working in agile environments.
- Experience in Visualization tools such as Microstrategy, Looker, Data Studio or Qlikview is desirable but not mandatory.
- Analytic mind, organised, team player and self-starter. With attention to detail and focused on results and productivity.
- English is a must.
What we offer:
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to Coursera Learning Platform.
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- We also have for you a Ticket Restaurant benefit & unlimited beverages and coffee for free at the office (with many types of milk alternatives) because we like our eDOers happy and healthy.
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work on a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come dream with us and join us now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.