eDreams ODIGEO (www.edreamsodigeo.com) is the largest online distributor of flights in the world (measured in terms of sales), and one of Europe’s largest e-commerce businesses. Under its five brands (eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink and liligo), it offers the best deals on regularly-scheduled flights, charters, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rentals, vacation packages, travel insurance and stays of varying length to more than 15 million clients all over the world. Present in forty-four countries, the company employs more than 1,700 professionals and is now looking for a IT Specialist to join our Engineering team based in Barcelona, Spain.
The candidate will work in the department of Corporate IT Services as IT Specialist.
Currently, we are carrying out an unprecedented transformation in the company, few companies with this scope are making this type of migration to the cloud, it is a good time to live closely this migration.
If you are an enthusiastic person, who likes to play in a team, who is up to date with new technologies and wants to be part of the technological change to cloud, apply now!
Essential Skills & Experience
- Higher vocational training
- Minimum experience of at least 2 year in Service Desk
- High level of spoken and written English, it is the language of communication of our customers (level test will be done).
- Knowledge of user support on Windows operating systems, Ubuntu, Mac, Google suite, Microsoft applications, and advanced knowledge in peripherals and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge Identity Management,
- Knowledge MDM, current tech Workspace One
- Resolution of software incidents in Windows, MacOs and Ubuntu environments and their management through ticketing tools (JIRA).
- Equipment layout and configuration.
- Set up workstations.
- Knowledge on Network staff (Firewall,Switches,Wifi)
- G Suite administration
- Meeting Rooms maintenance
- Printers Maintenances
- Knowledge in configuring and managing Windows/MacOs/Linux services
- Knowledge in monitoring / Log tools (like DataDog, Grafana, Kibana).
- Knowledge of cloud computing
- Knowledge of Storage systems.
- Decision making
Has the ability, with help, to ask for others input as part of the decision-making process.
Has the ability, with help, to foster collaboration and support between team members and across functions.
Provides only basic updates on the evolution of the work of the decision-making process
Only focus the decision-making process on his/her own team objective
- Influencing others
Is able to present own opinion but not in a persuasive manner,
Willing to listen to and appreciate others’ opinions, even when those opinions are contrary to personal belief.
Has limited capacity to resolve differences of opinions through compromises
- Coding and system design
Has the ability to create valid design proposals for complex problems. Has the ability to have a technical discussion with senior people on this proposal and incorporates feedback to refine the final proposal. Reviews design proposal for non complex problems and provides feedback
- System engineering best practices & MethodologiesHas basic knowledge about Continuous Improvement (CI), our current VCS and branching model. Is able, with little help, to develop basic unit testing, to develop unitary testing, to understand and follow the tasks flow and the to follow up the solutions developed in production/tracking.Distributed, concurrent and scalable systems
Has basic knowledge of distributed, concurrent and scalable systems. Is able to contribute with useful ideas. May require some guidance to implement them.
- Cross-system knowledge
Has basic functional and technical knowledge of some other systems in the company (the most related with his work). Is able, with help, to identify their interactions and their dependencies.
What’s in it for you?
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- Additional annual prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.