eDreams ODIGEO (www.edreamsodigeo.com) is the largest online distributor of flights in the world (measured in terms of sales), and one of Europe’s largest e-commerce businesses. Under its five brands (eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink and liligo), it offers the best deals on regularly-scheduled flights, charters, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rentals, vacation packages, travel insurance and stays of varying length to more than 15 million clients all over the world. Present in forty-four countries, the company employs more than 1,700 professionals and is now looking for a Tech Support Engineer to join our Engineering team based in Barcelona, Spain.
The candidate will work in the department of Intelligent Workplace Team on endpoint & apps management pod
What do we do at the Intelligent workplace team?
Our team’s objective is to provide the highest level of user experience. Our goal is to achieve the same level of user experience that users have in their personal lives. Provide the best services, features and tools to improve our internal support to employees in four areas: support, user management, procure desk and endpoints & apps management.
What do we do in the endpoint and app management pod?
This area is oriented to everything related to the management of corporate devices, security, operating systems, applications and identity management, as well as the daily operations, develop/evolve the endpoint and app management service, implement initiatives to improve service, end to end responsibility of the full stack, based on defined KPIs and SLAs.
Currently, we are carrying out an unprecedented transformation in the company, few companies with this scope are making this type of migration to the cloud, it is a good time to live closely this migration.
If you are an enthusiastic person, who likes to play in a team, who is up to date with new technologies and wants to be part of the technological change to cloud, apply now!
Essential Skills & Experience
- Higher vocational training
- Minimum experience of at least 3 year in System Engineer
- High level of spoken and written English, it is the language of communication of our customers (level test will be done)
- Technical IT background
- Knowledge of user support on Windows, Ubuntu and MacOs operating systems, and advanced knowledge of troubleshooting.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills, specially when explaining technical information
- Good time management skills to meet users’ needs and problems
- Passion for technology
- Knowledge Mobile Device Management technologies
- Knowledge OS Templates and configuration
- Knowledge profiling, group policies and hardening
- Knowledge securely packaging and pathing OS and Apps
- Knowledge of Security
- Knowledge on Network staff (Firewall, Switches, Wifi)
- Knowledge in configuring and managing Windows/MacOs/Linux services
- Knowledge in monitoring / Log tools
- Knowledge of cloud computing
- Knowledge of Storage systems
- Knowledge on Identity Management and Authentication processes
What will you be doing as part of the Devices and Apps pod POD?
- Assist in identifying automation opportunities
- Provide technical information, analysis and recommendations to leadership
- Analyze and tune system performance, capacity and functionality of complex systems
- Review methods and procedures to ensure data integrity, protection and security standards
- Improving security on corporate devices
- Management of devices and applications
- Decision making
-Other inputs are part of the decision-making process
-Has the ability to foster collaboration and support between team members and across functions
-The decision-making process is based on the company objectives
- Influencing others
-Is able to present own opinion in a persuasive manner,
-Willing to listen to and appreciate others’ opinions, even when those opinions are contrary to personal belief.
-Resolve differences of opinions through compromises
- Focus on delivery value
-Understand what is the value expected of the tasks done
-Is concerned about doing things that are finally giving value to the company and how matches with the common company goals
-Given a specific initiative or feature, is able to propose ways to deliver the value faster
- Analytical skills
-Is familiar with basic analytical tools that always perform “”zero-defect”” analysis.
-Incorporates data as a key element for decision making, able to identify the whole set of implications and insights
-Can interpret complex datasets and analysis
-Can break down complex analytical problems into manageable pieces
-Has the ability to break down complex and semi-defined problems
-Is able to match the strategic with the operational, improves the service
-Is aware of what is out there and has a strategy on how this can shape his/her own product
- Coding and system design: Has the ability to create valid design proposals for complex problems. Has the ability to have a technical discussion with senior people on this proposal and incorporates feedback to refine the final proposal. Reviews design proposal for non complex problems and provides feedback
- System engineering best practices & Methodologies: Has good knowledge about Continuous Improvement (CI). Takes into consideration all the steps of a particular development & releases process. Develops proper unit tests. Is able to define the QA strategy. Understand the particularities of the checks done in CI, move the tickets in a proper way. Keeps a proper tracking of the released features.
- Distributed, concurrent and scalable system: Has demonstrated knowledge of distributed, concurrent and scalable systems. Is able to apply it in defining technical solutions to evolve systems with minimum guidance
- Cross-system knowledge: Has good functional and technical knowledge of the business industry, in fact has experience and can identify their dependencies, interactions and suggest improvements mainly inside his/her area of expertise
What’s in it for you?
- Grow your career with our career path 🚀
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours policy,short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy.
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
- Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
- Continuous growth and learning
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
- Language classes for English
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.