We are looking for a SRE to join our team 🚀
Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health. Build software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications. Improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions. Measure and optimize system performance, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward, getting ahead of customer needs, and innovating to continually improve. Provide primary operational support and engineering for multiple large distributed software applications.
Role Responsibilities 👩💻
- Drive product initiatives to successful completion by your analytical approach, resulting in business impact, prioritize and adjust backlog, stay connected with roadmapping, think strategically to define the product vision, and tactically to drive execution. In charge of ROI and strategy and understanding of pricing. Ensure that teams backlogs are aligned and drive the prioritisation of the Theme across multiple teams.
- Brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a unique and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction.
- Gather customer and business feedback to define a roadmap, balance commercial awareness with business acumen, drive prioritization and consensus across areas, serving as an effective liaison between customers and engineering.
- Empower our users with a rich feature set, high availability, and stellar performance level to pursue their missions
- Gather technical specifications so that the product can be developed, optimize the portfolio and build long term viable solutions balancing customer, business and tech approaches.
- Look into data, understand it and execute, use and understand feedback loops. Use lean approaches of measuring, learning and improving to deliver in an uncertain environment, work in a cross-functional environment, specially with product development teams and other areas (agile mindset & product development approach), iterate fast, use progressive test and drive a strong AB Management.
- Understand how to use KPIs, Participate in the definition of clear KPIs and drive team culture of accountability and rigor towards business impact across, own the product vision and roadmap for the entire life of the product. Align teams roadmaps with shared OKRs.
- Work with the leadership team and other senior stakeholders to define the overall strategy and direction. Co-create theme strategy and measure it..
- Mentor & coach other SRE members.
- Mentor and lead other teams within a shared theme / strategy
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other highly technical, scientific discipline
- Ability to program (structured and OO) with one or more high level languages, such as Python, Java, Go …
- Experience with distributed storage technologies like NFS, HDFS, Ceph, S3 as well as dynamic resource management frameworks (Mesos, Kubernetes, Yarn)
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
What’s in it for you?
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy.
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
- Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance.
- Continuous growth and learning.
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
- Language classes for English.
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.