eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18 million customers it serves across 44 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
We are now looking for a Senior Trading Analyst to work within our Accommodation department based in Barcelona.
Our Accommodation area is one of the most exciting and fast-moving parts of eDreams ODIGEO. We lead the way in our industry in providing and working with partners to provide the widest accommodation-based travel offers at the best price for our customers, and we have built a fantastic team to do this. In addition, data is at the core of eDreams OdigeO’s success in travel. This role involves working with large data sets to directly influence decision-making in a world-leading tech company.
If you have excellent analytics capabilities combined with an ambition to use those to influence a growing business, and you want to work and learn in one of the most exciting and fast-paced environments in Travel then this is the opportunity for you!
- Identify opportunities for improvement for our Accommodation products through structuring, analysing and interpreting data and performance by carring out numerical analysis to identify changes and drivers that affect the performance of the business;
- Liaise with Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, and other analytics teams to identify, maintain and validate different sources of information;
- Build tools to automate data extraction and build and maintain dashboards to facilitate monitoring and reporting tasks;
- Provide accurate data, insights, analysis and forecasts for decision-makers and stakeholders;
- Work jointly with the Data Science teams to complement various analysis and aid int the development of our Machine-Learning models;
- Identify opportunities for growth, and use data to deliver actionable insights that can help stakeholders to drive impactful decisions.
- Clearly communicate results, findings, analysis and proposed actions in a concise and accurate manner across a number of formats in order to aid decision-making;
- Identify advanced tools and methodologies (e.g. Machine Learning) that could potentially be used to improve our analytics toolkit.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- 2+ years working with SQL and BI/visualisation tools (such as Datastudio, Microstrategy, Tableau or PowerBI);
- Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics or similar:
- 2+ years of experience in a similar analytical role; with experience in web analytics tools (i.e., Google Analytics or Adobe Analytics); and working knowledge of programming languages (i.e., Python or R) is a PLUS.
- Strong Analytical mindset: You enjoy working with data and using maths/ statistical analysis, quickly extracting implications from data to deliver effective solutions;
- Strong Excel capabilities; comfortable running complex analysis and dealing with large amounts of data;
- Ambition; you will be hungry to deliver, to influence and impact in a scale business, and you will have ambition to grow personally and professionally;
- Business sense, you see the bigger picture and objective behind the numbers.
- Organised and self-starter, methodical with strong attention to detail, focused on results. You feel comfortable managing multiple priorities on different topics and delivering timely results under tight deadlines;
- Excellent skills to communicate and explain clearly findings and results in English (the day to day working language) to both technical and business audiences;
- Strongly motivated, you are eager to learn and to bring your ideas, proposal, point of views in order to allow the team and performance to constantly improve. We expect you to be a proactive contributor from the beginning!
- Team player and strong willingness to work as a team;
What do we offer?
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.