About eDreams ODIGEO
Are you ready to shape the future of travel by working at one of the world’s largest online travel companies? At eDreams ODIGEO you will have a real impact, combining more than 600 airlines and 100.000 flights worldwide every day into billions of potential combinations and helping our users find the very best travel deals.
We are looking for a driven Senior Network Engineer to join our BCN headquarters.
You will be in charge of building and developing Europe’s largest flight retailing platform which last year served over 18 million customers in 46 different markets through more than 60 million searches every day.
We set the path. Shape the way people travel with us.
At eDreams ODIGEO, we believe in full end to end ownership of results and empower our teams to develop solutions that benefit both the customer and our business, iterating fast to continuously learn and improve. We are a fully agile organisation, and our product development teams use Kanban practices to deliver business value continuously.
You will be part of an Agile multidisciplinary team where you will influence both product and technical decisions on a day-to-day basis.
The senior network engineer will be working hand in hand with platform teams, focusing on infrastructure and automation to ensure the maximum autonomy of the product teams. He / she will do this by collaborating with development and platform teams to build, deploy and maintain the company services, automating all processes to provide maximum autonomy.
You will be joining us at an exciting time of change. We have set ourselves an ambitious goal of completing the migration of our website platform from on-premises datacenter (docker mesos platform) to Google Cloud Platform (GKE) so that we deploy our stack closer to our customers to provide the best experience possible.
You will work with a top-notch tech stack, including:
- Administration & knowledge of SASE technologies (especially ZTNA & NG-SWG)
- Multi-cloud (GCP, AWS and OCI) and hybrid low latency interconnected networks.
- SDN Arista L3 EVPN BGP networks.
- NetOps approach, fully automatized networks with Ansible and Terraform.
- Multi Region/Datacenter Global DNS traffic management.
- Do you have a real passion for developing high-quality software? Join us and demonstrate your network expertise, crafting high performance and high resilience platforms.
In your role of Senior Network Engineer, your main day to day responsibilities include:
- Define the best technical solution and network infrastructure for new features ensuring the highest levels of availability
- Install, configure, test and maintain the network platform, devices and management tools.
- Work collaboratively with support roles (agile coach, platform engineers, business subject matter experts, business analysts, architect, etc) to identify and scope new product feature ideas
- Continuously monitor main network metrics and take action immediately when required
- Continuously manage and improve network infrastructure, streamlining the code to ensure maximum efficiency in production and minimum errors in testing
- Continuously improve productivity, efficiency and agility of oneself and the team, contributing positively to to the team´s health and culture
- Actively use own expertise to change the way a new feature is implemented and speed up delivery time and business impact or to lead training sessions (formal or informal) for other PODS on areas of expertise technical or process topics
- Solve incidents, problems and follow up network changes.
- Keep up to date the security, configuration and monitoring of the devices.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support.
- Create/Update technical documentation.
We are looking for a very strong individual that displays these characteristics:
- Strong experience with Cloud and Datacenter network architectures, network engineering and operations.
- Experience with Core routing, switching and load balancing at scale.
- Experience with Firewall administration and security implementations.
- Ability to work within a team and work towards corporate goals.
- Constant learning capacity and proactive in problem resolution.
- Experience working in critical and high traffic web environments.
- Experience in Incident, problem and change correlation.
- Knowledge with Automation, Git, Linux, systems administration.
What’s in it for you?
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy.
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
- Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance.
- Continuous growth and learning.
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
- Language classes for English.
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.