Are you ready to shape the future of travel by working at one of the world’s largest online travel companies? At eDreams ODIGEO you will have a real impact, combining more than 600 airlines and 100.000 flights worldwide every day into billions of potential combinations and helping our users find the very best travel deals.
We are looking for a Senior Java Software Engineer to join the OF2 Team. Here some insights about the POD.
OF2 team is in charge of the front-end architecture, it doesn’t work in product features development, reports directly to the Chief Architect and focuses in developing the front-end framework.
For this position we need a Senior Java Software Engineer to be in charge of and own our GraphQL API (frontend-API) that hooks the front-end with the several services it uses.
Main responsibilities include:
- Design (with the help of an architect) and implementation of frontend-API in GraphQL
- Review of product teams PRs and look after the code quality
- Release process
- Admin of Jenkins pipelines
We set the path. Shape with us the way people travel.
At eDreams ODIGEO, we believe in full end to end ownership of results and empower our teams to develop solutions that benefit both the customer and our business, iterating fast to continuously learn and improve. We are a fully agile organisation, and our product development teams use Kanban practices to deliver business value continuously.
You will be part of an Agile multidisciplinary team where you will influence both product and technical decisions on a day-to-day basis.
Be part of one of the key teams in the company, in charge of the entire collection platform, the optimization of payments to the providers and the subscription management of our Prime clients.
Great challenges await you, such as:
- Designing & building a best in class platform to manage recurring transactions for our innovative subscription product Prime.
- Contributing to the ongoing microservices strategy of our collection platform.
- Automating customer service tasks to ensure quick & effective sales & refund processes.
- Managing & implementing new ways to pay to make booking the next trip even more frictionless & accessible to users around the globe.
- Mastering regulatory changes such as PSD2, all while ensuring top conversion rates.
You will work with a top notch tech stack, including:
- Java 8 & 11
- Google Cloud
- Messaging: Kafka
- Storage: Oracle, Redis
- Monitoring: Kibana, Grafana, AppDynamics
- Microservices: REST APIs, Domain Driven Design
- Testing: Unit Test & Functional Test
Do you have a real passion to thrive developing high-quality software? Join us and put your expert Java knowledge to use crafting high-performance applications.
In your role of Senior Java Software Engineer, your main day to day responsibilities include:
- Assess new functional and technical ideas, estimating functional feasibility, timing (to develop and deploy), risk and business impact
- Define the best technical solution and infrastructure for new features together with architects
- Develop new product features in line with the architectural view and product and business needs
- Define and implement testing strategies in line with the business hypotheses being tested
- Continuously monitor test metrics and take action immediately when required
- Continuously manage and improve a set of core own software modules, streamlining the code to ensure maximum efficiency in production and minimum errors in testing
- Continuously improve productivity, efficiency and agility of oneself and the team, contributing positively to to the team´s health and culture
- Actively use own expertise to change the way the feature is implemented and speed up development time and business impact or to lead training sessions (formal or informal) for other PODS on areas of expertise technical or process topics
- Identify and resolve dependencies with other PODs
- Work collaboratively with support roles (UX, agile coach, business subject matter experts, business analysts, architect, etc) to identify and scope new product feature ideas
What do we offer?
- Safe environment during COVID times: Onboarding and daily work can be done 100% remote.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills trainings, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- We also have for you a Ticket Restaurant benefit & unlimited beverages and coffee for free at the office (with many types of milk alternatives) because we like our eDOers happy and healthy!
- A phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance.
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and join us now.
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.