eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. We have four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo that help us offer the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance. We aim to make travel easier, more accessible and better value for the more than 18 million customers we serve across 46 markets. We are listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
We’re looking for a talented Restful web service Java EE Developer to join our Native team based in Barcelona, Spain, reporting to the IT Team Lead.
You will be responsible for developing features for the backend, which supports the native iOS & Android apps. The ideal candidate is passionate about the IT development for high performance apps, analytic mindset & willing to make JAVA analysis, user-oriented, likes challenges & learning about new technologies.
Main responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Design & develop Restful web services on our API gateway to support new functionalities within the Native applications (iOS & Android).
- Come up with new ideas to improve our API gateway and of course the fun part, implement them!
- Create new applications from scratch to support new features in the Native apps & other modules within the Company.
And what about the team?
- We form the eDreams Odigeo Native Team, so we build iOS & Android applications & the Backend to support them. Full stack professionals or other developers eager to be, are more than welcome!
- We share new ideas and self organize to do them during innovation time. Yes, we have time to innovate our platforms!
- You will work in an relaxed & multicultural environment with a young talented team where we think that sharing is caring & everybody helps each other in order to achieve the best technical solutions.
How do we work ?
- The Native team is divided in multidisciplinary teams composed by a PO, a UXer, iOS/Android devs & a BE.
- We also have Agile coaches to improve our development process & teach us the best practices of Agile Methodologies.
- Each team has a mission and they are free to add the features they decide in order to achieve it.
- The whole team refines the features, splits them & decide the best possible implementation so everybody is taken into consideration since the inception phase.
- We have a strong code review policy so before we delivered, a detailed revision is conducted by all the parties involved.
- You are passionate about software development & you try to always follow the best practices that you can.
- You love to discuss about technical solutions & software architectures as well as implement them.
- We have career path to improve your skills & help you become a great & passionate professional!
- Love to work in a team that has a great sense of humor & loves to have fun while working!
Then you should work with us!
Desired Skills & Experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent (IT engineer)
- +4 years’ experience in Java EE systems
- Expert knowledge of Java programming language/coding
- Knowledge of Java 8
- Solid know-how in Java EE: Servlets, JAX-RS
- Good Technical English Level & great coms skills
- Unit test frameworks (TestNG) experience
- Version control systems (Hg and Git)
- Functional programming knowledge & experience using Java concurrency framework will be valuable
- JBoss EAP will be appreciated
- Gherkin & Cucumber JVM is a plus
- Oracle DB will be appreciated
- Oracle DB will be appreciated