In eDreams ODIGEO we are looking for an QA Automation Manager to join us in our team working in an agile environment where we continuously learn and improve.
Our Product Development teams are full of talented and motivated individuals, and they are passionate about what they deliver – if you think this describes you, then read on. We’re looking for someone who is able to assess and peer review the work of others, giving them advice and teaching them up-to-date testing techniques, tools, and frameworks for a range of different applications.
You’ll be an independently capable engineer who researches and builds appropriate test frameworks in collaboration with teams based on their specific testing and quality needs. You’re able to provide ideas and solutions to daily challenges.
The successful candidate will need good leadership and communication skills, a good understanding of different testing types and quality processes, knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle, and hands-on experience in automation.
In particular, proven experience of using, developing and sharing automated tests capabilities for Java applications in a microservices’ architecture.
Ideally, you have a knack for critically evaluating risk and communicating it to both the team and senior stakeholders to help drive decision-making.
You have used analytics and instrumentation to help provide insights and validations for new features, and are able to drill down to root causes of complex problems.
Key duties include?
- Working with the rest of the QA team to define and then execute a strategy aimed at continuously increasing the quality of the product we deliver.Y
- You will work with a set of teams to come up with clear strategies to help them ensure they are delivering the best quality throughout the development process..
- You’ll do this by working closely with a set of teams to ensure they have well-defined processes, activities, standards, ways of working, and tools/frameworks focused on delivering great quality.
- Sharing your learnings to grow others and also learning yourself from what your colleagues are doing
- Accountable for defining the automation Test Strategy and leading the teams to support, help and implement automation modern automation strategies and capabilities.
- Create, plan, manage and deliver automation activities on the different company modules
- Provide input to the generation of automation requirements, code testing, quality metrics, monitoring and traceability.
- Perform automation testing and integration of multiple technologies based on the team needs.
- Improve, evolve and expand the automation portfolio for better quality maintenance, control and speed.
- Investigate and diagnose problems and propose solutions.
- Lead and support relevant governance automation reviews and audits.
- Provide leadership and direction to development engineers
- Set high standards of performance and pursue challenging goals.
Experience,Skills and Qualifications
- Experience and knowledge in QA, testing and automation, and producing a robust testing strategy.
- You will work with a set of teams to come up with clear strategies to help them ensure they are delivering the best quality throughout the development process.
- Solid understanding of best practices such as TDD, BDD, CI/CD, the Practical Test Pyramid and different types and techniques in functional testing including exploratory, boundary value analysis and equivalence partitioning
- Proven experience of using and developing automated test capabilities in API’s and backend services.
- Experience of working with large-scale and complex integration applications, including integrating 3rd party systems or components.
- Must have good knowledge of industry best test practices on automation.
- Excellent understanding of the Testing Lifecycle and the different types of testing such as Functional and Integration Testing.
- Knowledge of the different life cycle development models and methodologies used to develop large software intensive platforms.
- Ability to understand existing Test Processes and Plans and identify improvements and efficiencies.
- Experience of creating Test artefacts based on requirements and design documents.
- Technical background, with experience in Java 11+ and microservices.
- Familiar with next technologies/tools: Maven, Docker, Jenkins Pipelines, Google Cloud, Git, Rest Services, JUnit/TestNG, RestAssured/KarateDSL or similar, JMeter, Pact.
- Strong interpersonal skills; promoting healthy relationships, team dynamics, and experience coaching and mentoring others.
What do we offer?
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills trainings, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to Coursera Learning.
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path
- We also have for you a Ticket Restaurant benefit & unlimited beverages and coffee for free at the office (with many types of milk alternatives) because we like our eDOers happy and healthy!
- A phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance.
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and join us now.
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.