Are you ready to shape the future of the accommodation industry by working in one of the world’s largest online travel companies?
At eDreams Odigeo, we develop and leverage the best e-commerce technology to create the best hotel booking experience for 20+ million customers in 46 countries – every year. We do so by creating new technologies and platforms and applying artificial intelligence in a flexible, microservices-based infrastructure. Our mission is to create a one-stop-shop for our customers, where they can find the best hotel for their needs and experience amazing post-booking service in our best-rated mobile app.
We set the path. Shape with us the way people travel.
We are looking for a PHP Senior Software Engineer to join our tech hubs in Barcelona, Porto, Madrid, or Milan (other locations in Spain, Portugal, and Italy are equally possible) to help us shape the future of the accommodation industry and provide the best holiday experience to our customers.
It’s the perfect time to join us. We are growing very rapidly out of the pandemic and are investing heavily in our Technology organization. When you join us, you will have the opportunity to make your mark from Day 1 – by shaping our technology choices and architecture – and accelerate your career development, thanks to the best career path in Europe. Some of the challenges you will work on include developing technology that:
- Helps our customers find the right geolocalisation for the hotel
- Offers the most convenient hotel for our customers, working with machine learning capabilities
- Manages many different sources of hotel information and aggregates it into our unique inventory
- Builds our booking engine to create the one-stop-shop for our customers
What you’ll do:
- Work with a top-notch tech stack such as PHP, Golang, MariaDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, ClickHouse, Kong, Docker, AWS, Grafana, Kibana
- Actively participate in the product definition and ideation processes.
- Code solutions with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail, and test quality.
- Work in a fully agile organization, using Kanban practices to deliver business value continuously.
- Own and monitor the performance of product and technical OKRs.
- Help the team grow by mentoring more junior team members to continue improving, giving feedback, and sharing your expertise.
- Challenge decisions, be proactive, and seek to improve technical excellence.
Having a technical mindset is vital for us, which is why we promote:
- Microservices platform and modular FE
- Powerful monitoring techniques using Data Dog, BigQuery, and Grafana.
- Version-control systems like Git & bitbucket.
- Storybook using a Design system made with emotion and styled system.
- Clean code
- SOLID principles and TDD
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Strong mastery of PHP, ideally more than 5 years of experience working with PHP at scale.
- Able to take leadership over the designing and planning of new components.
- Able to create a testing and CI strategy.
- Strong knowledge of performance and scalability.
- Understands the tradeoffs involved in the different decisions that take place throughout the life cycle of a project and can put them all in context to help the team choose correctly.
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals (data structures, concurrency, design patterns, algorithms).
- Great technical mindset to work in an environment where we promote the use of microservices platforms, clean code, SOLID principles, and TDD.
- Ability to code with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail, and test quality.
- Knowledge of Cloud and Continuous Delivery environments to help you deliver value quickly.
- Strong data-driven capabilities and design pattern skills that will allow you to face our business challenges.
- Be part of the product definition, identify improvement options,, challenge decisions constructively, and provide creative solutions to complex problems, focusing on the outcome and not on the tasks.
- Be a team player, with good communication and mentoring skills.
What’s in it for you?
- 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path (including Advanced SSE, staff engineer & principal engineer), 3 steps architecture career path, or 3 steps management career path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm), and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal, or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano, Palma de Mallorca, or Alicante)
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop, and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS:
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, and shops.
- Life insurance covering death and permanent incapacity to work
- Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax-free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
- Continuous growth and learning:
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, industry conferences, etc.
- Free subscription to Coursera Online Learning.
- Language classes for English and Spanish
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano, and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and join us now.
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key to our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.