eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18 million customers it serves across 43 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
We are applying our experience in lodging systems and microservices architecture to build a state of the art bedbank. We believe that great businesses come from great products built by great teams. That is why the tech team is constantly investing in infrastructure and software quality. We want our team to excel in our IT solutions.
We put a lot of emphasis on scalability and reliability by promoting the use of unit tests and code reviews, supporting our continuous integration and delivery flow.
Our main programming language is PHP7, but we are open to test and adopt other technologies if they fit better to solve a specific problem. We love to challenge our limits in order to give great value to the business.
We keep the team excited offering a culture of training and innovation through trainings and pilot projects. You will have the opportunity to show us your talent and to help us to be ahead in the technology front.
We are a team with a lot of passion about technology. If you join us we are sure that you will have fun and learn a lot from us (as us from you) and grow together as professionals.
Responsibilities (included but not limited to):
- Develop & maintain web applications with special attention to code maintainability & application performance.
- Every code is written with unit tests, integrated with our CI & we use best practices such code reviews between the members of team in order to learn and increase our code quality.
- Work in our multidisciplinary team with various stakeholders, helping to understand the business’ requirements, formulate use cases and then translate it into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Define, analyze & integrate the right web technologies that may suit the different cases.
- Analyze & optimize DB access & design.
- Help in defining, analyzing & implementing any development tool that may help increase the team’s productivity.
- Have fun coding!
Desired Skills & Experienced:
- Bachelors in Computer Science or other technical field.
- 3+ years relevant work experience in PHP5/PHP7 (OOP).
- Experience with Mysql/Mariadb as well as with unit testing is a must.
- You understand SOLID and Clean code & have experience applying it when coding.
- Fluent in English & good communication skills.
- You are a team player & enjoy working in an agile development culture.
- Personal interest for continuous learning & self improvement.
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges.
It’s a plus if you have experience with (or you’d love to learn):
- Domain Driven Design
- Languages like Golang, nodeJS …
- Databases like Redis, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Cassandra…
- Asynchronous communication using events, Domain Events, CQRS, Event Sourcing…
- Microservice Architectures.
- Performance and Profiling
- Frameworks like Slim, Silex, Symfony 2 …
- Docker, Ansible, Vagrant …
- Service Discovery