We are applying our experience in lodging systems and microservices architecture to build a state of the art bedbank. We believe that great businesses come from great products built by great teams. That is why the tech team is constantly investing in infrastructure and software quality. We want our team to excel in our IT solutions.
We put a lot of emphasis on scalability and reliability by promoting the use of unit tests and code reviews, supporting our continuous integration and delivery flow.
Our main programming language is PHP7, but we are open to test and adopt other technologies if they fit better to solve a specific problem. We love to challenge our limits in order to give great value to the business.
We keep the team excited offering a culture of training and innovation through trainings and pilot projects. You will have the opportunity to show us your talent and to help us to be ahead in the technology front.
We are a team with a lot of passion about technology. If you join us we are sure that you will have fun and learn a lot from us (as us from you) and grow together as professionals.
What you will do:
- Develop & maintain web applications with special attention to code maintainability & application performance.
- Every code is written with unit tests, integrated with our CI & we use best practices such code reviews between the members of team in order to learn and increase our code quality.
- Work in our multidisciplinary team with various stakeholders, helping to understand the business’ requirements, formulate use cases and then translate it into a pragmatic and effective technical solution.
- Define, analyze & integrate the right web technologies that may suit the different cases.
- Analyze & optimize DB access & design.
- Help in defining, analyzing & implementing any development tool that may help increase the team’s productivity.
- Have fun coding!
- Bachelors in Computer Science or other technical field.
- 3+ years relevant work experience in PHP5/PHP7 (OOP).
- Experience with Mysql/Mariadb as well as with unit testing is a must.
- You understand SOLID and Clean code & have experience applying it when coding.
- Fluent in English & good communication skills.
- You are a team player & enjoy working in an agile development culture.
- Personal interest for continuous learning & self improvement.
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges.
It’s a plus if you have experience with (or you’d love to learn):
- Domain Driven Design
- Languages like Golang, nodeJS …
- Databases like Redis, ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Cassandra…
- Asynchronous communication using events, Domain Events, CQRS, Event Sourcing…
- Microservice Architectures.
- Performance and Profiling
- Frameworks like Slim, Silex, Symfony 2 …
- Docker, Ansible, Vagrant …
- Service Discovery
What do we offer?
- Fun at work: At eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
- A work environment that promotes continuous growth and learning: you will have access to tech talks, internal soft and technical skills trainings, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- A free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Personal career path programs.
- A phenomenal lifestyle and work-life balance (e.g. half-day Fridays, team building activities, flexible hours, 24 days of holidays +2 extra days off, etc.).
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive salaries & a flexible benefits scheme: Ticket Restaurant, transport, private health insurance, etc.
- We like our eDOers happy and healthy! Free fresh fruit and coffee for all (with many types of milk alternatives) and a significant Andjoy discount! After the gym you can always take a shower at our offices too.
- Special discounts at other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops, etc.
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Amazing offices in the heart of Barcelona with a beautiful terrace to have a break and enjoy the views. / Amazing offices in the heart of Madrid.
- Annual awards for a variety of team and individual achievements
- … And the opportunity to work on a dynamic, dedicated, fun, and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
- Come fly with us and join us now.