At eDreams ODIGEO, we all believe in one thing – helping millions of people discover the world through the power of travel. Our cutting edge travel tech platform does so at scale. We help more than 17 million customers reach their destination faster, cheaper and more conveniently by finding, booking and servicing the best travel deals out there. We do this by using cutting edge software development practices, clean architecture, big data and AI – all done at scale to build the best e-commerce platform in travel.
We are now on an exciting journey to double our engineering team and become the one stop travel shop for travellers around the world while reshaping the face of travel with our unique industry-leading Prime membership program, facing the challenge to serve more than 20 Billion searches per month!
We are looking for a passionate, energetic Lead Engineer to guide a team of 7-9 experienced software engineers in creating new products for our customers covering all trip needs.
Your team will design and deliver the best ecommerce technology to create the best and complete travel journey experience for more than 20 million customers each year. It does so by applying new technologies, frameworks, and artificial intelligence in a flexible, microservices-based infrastructure. Your team’s challenge will be to offer what the customer needs in the moment it’s needed and always covering all our customer needs during their journey, by connecting with different providers, creating our in-house exclusive products, applying the latest retail techniques and building the most efficient booking engine out there for each product in the market. We aim to create a one-stop-shop for our customers, where they can feel covered, entertained and secure of having the best travel experience with the best post-booking service for all the products they bought in our best-rated mobile app.
This is going to be one of the most exciting, impactful and innovative areas for us. Here you can expect to be innovating on a daily basis – in terms of customer experience, complex algorithms, and also ideas for new products we can offer customers. We are looking for people that challenge the status quo, that bring new ideas to the table, that can influence, who knows how to mediate disagreements and have a say in the way we accompany our customers in their trips, the way we build our product and the way we work. Does this sound like you? 👇
When you join us as a Lead Engineer, you will see yourself:
Leading the technical delivery of impactful products at eDreams.
- Working with top-notch native tech stack.
- iOS: Swift, VIPER, Clean Architecture, XCTests,Unit tests, Snapshot Tests and UITests, Cocoapods, Fastlane, Jenkins and CircleCI.
- Android: Kotlin, Retrofit, Apollo for GraphQL, MVP and MVVM, SOLID, Clean Architecture, DI with Dagger, Unit Tests, Roboletric, UI Tests Espresso by Robot Pattern and Gherkins, Whitelabel with 4 Flavours.
- Collaborating with Product, Business, Architecture, Data Science and the technical leadership group to shape the technical strategy and evolution of the Travelshop area, defining the technical strategy for your modules and ensuring their optimal performance
- Helping your team translate functional specifications into high-performance logical technical design, code and split the work into smaller tasks that add quick value to customers
- Promoting our standards of technical excellence, innovation and continuous improvement
Leading the team:
- Leading a high performing cross functional team of 7-9 experienced software engineers with the help of the agile coaches
- Taking an active role in finding and hiring the best talent available, in collaboration with our recruiters, and onboard new joiners into our culture of high performance, ambition, passion, collaboration, create funny and positive environment fomenting the growth
- Managing performance, setting goals and prioritising work for your team, balancing the capacity of the team
- Establish a sense of identity, engagement and belonging in your team, and improve team dynamics – in collaboration with your dedicated agile coach
- Act as a mentor, helping others develop their skills and professional career
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Ability to take fast and data driven decisions
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to represent and transmit our values
- Intense focus on what delivers customer value
- High standards around quality and technical excellence in coding
- Developing and growing self and others
- Presenting with confidence to both technical and non technical audiences
Key technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience with coding, OO design, system design, performance tuning, performance engineering, design patterns, data modelling
- Experience in native products in iOS and/ or Android and code base knowledge
- Knowledge and experience with distributed, concurrent and scalable systems
What’s in it for you?
- 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
- Life insurance covering death and permanent incapacity to work
- Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
- Continuous growth and learning:
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
- Language classes for English and Spanish
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.