Are you ready to shape the future of the travel industry by working in one of the world’s largest, most innovative, online travel companies and shaping the ONLY subscription business in online travel?
Who we are and what is our purpose?
At eDreams ODIGEO, we all believe in one thing – helping millions of people discover their world. Our overall mission is to create a one-stop-shop for our customers, where they can find and book the best travel options for their needs and experience amazing post-booking service in our best-rated mobile app. Our cutting edge ecommerce platform helps more than 17 million customers in 46 countries reach their destination faster, cheaper and more conveniently by finding the best travel deals out there.
If you are up for a challenge, you won’t find a more impactful or rewarding experience. Now, it’s the perfect time to join us. We are growing very rapidly out of the pandemic and are investing heavily in our Technology organisation, bringing opportunities for impact and growth galore.
What will you do?
For the last 20 years, we have been at the leading European Online Travel Agent, at the forefront of innovation in travel tech. We are the only travel company to create a widely successful subscription programmes – our Prime membership. Prime is the most innovative and disruptive subscription program in the online travel industry – and the only one! Being a Prime member allows customers to access discounted fares and a set of other perks.
You will join us in the heart of our Prime subscription programme, where your mission will be to scale our Prime program to a best-in-class membership program that customers truly love. We believe this will revolutionise the way customers decide where to buy their travel. We are well on our way with this mission with more than 2.5 million members. Join us to triple this – and offer the best membership program ever to more than 7.5 million customers.
We set the path. Shape with us the way people travel.
What are we like?
At eDreams, we value three things: great technology, collaborative and ambitious culture and amazing people!
We build complex applications using the best new methods and technologies. Having a technical mindset is vital for us, which is why we promote:
- Microservices platform and modular FE.
- Powerful monitoring techniques using Data dog, BigQuery and Graphana.
- Story book using Design system made with emotion and styled system.
- Clean code.
- SOLID principles and TDD
Do you have a real passion to thrive developing high-quality software?
Join us and put your expert knowledge to use crafting high-performance applications.
Our culture is based on four values: high standards, innovation, collaboration and growth. We work hard, live and breathe coding AND product and always think out of the box to create new exciting features. We value hunger for learning, knowledge sharing and ambition to grow and benefit from the best IT career path in Europe. We encourage our team to share new ideas and innovate. We believe in full end to end ownership of results and empower our teams to drive their own decisions for the benefit of the customer and our business, iterating fast to continuously learn and improve. We work side by side with our own Agile Coaches and Product Owners to follow the best practices of the Agile Methodologies because YES, WE KANBAN!
Our people in the Prime area are at the heart of what the customer experiences when searching and booking their travel on our ecommerce platform. You will be part of a very close-knit community of 50+ very talented and experienced engineers, all passionate about delivering the best membership experience out there, and helping each other grow.
Why will you love joining us?
We work with top-notch tech stack:
- Swift, XCTests, Fastlane, Cocoapods, Jenkins + Cycle CI (for Continuous Integration), Viper (Clean Architecture).
- Android: Kotlin, Java, Espresso, Jenkins, Gherkin and Cucumber, JUnit, Clean Architecture, Multinode.
As a Lead Engineer, you will be:
- Leading the team.
- Leading a high performing cross functional agile team of 7-10 experienced software engineers and developers.
- Taking an active role in finding and hiring the best talent available, in collaboration with our recruiters, and onboard new joiners into our culture of high performance, collaboration and growth
- Managing performance, setting goals and prioritising work for your team, balancing the capacity of the team
- Establish a sense of identity, engagement and belonging in your team, and improve team dynamics – in collaboration with your dedicated agile coach
- Act as a mentor, helping others develop their skills and professional career
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Ability to take fast and data driven decisions
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to live and transmit our values
- Intense focus on what delivers customer value
- High standards around quality and technical excellence in coding
- Developing and growing self and others
- Presenting with confidence to both technical and non technical audiences
Key technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience with coding, OO design, system design, performance tuning, performance engineering, design patterns, data modelling
- iOS or Android and code base knowledge
- Knowledge and experience with distributed, concurrent and scalable systems
What’s in it for you?
🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
Continuous growth and learning
Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
Language classes for English and Spanish
A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 50 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.