eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18 million customers it serves across 44 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market. We are looking for a Market Manager (Italian native speaker) to join our team in Barcelona.
Reporting to the Area Manager, your main goals will be:
- Ensure that eDreams ODIGEO customers always find the most suitable hotel for their dream trip in current and future key destinations.
- Demonstrate strong networking skills within the Hotel Industry, deliver the best service experience possible and ensure that Odigeo Connect Lodging portfolio in the assigned areas is competitive, attractive and relevant for the company strategy.
- Improve partner’s availability and supply in order to support the company in meeting the demands of the visitors on Odigeo websites (eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink and liligo) as well as our revenue and strategic goals.
- The Market Manager will work closely with hotel partners to:
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned area accounts by delivering superior consulting services and capturing marketing and sales opportunities
- Responsible for optimization accounts in established territories and supervision Market Specialist of his area. Support sharing best practice across the team
- Coordinate the involvement of hotel personnel and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers’
- Optimize content, rate and availability competitiveness to maximize customer conversion
- Secure additional inventory over high demand periods to satisfy customers’ needs
- Secure promotional offers to support the brands’ merchandising and marketing efforts
- Educate hotel partners on the self-service features available on our Extranet
- Execute effectively based on KPI metrics (targets, goals and/or strategic objectives)
- Build Quarterly Destination Strategy with the Head of Account Management
- Elaborate Common Action Plan with key potential/revenue establishments
- Develop & drive sound recommendations/action plans based on insights from data analysis to optimize key establishments’ performance in the market place
- Ensure fluent communication with key partners via email, phone, webinar, market visits
- Provide ongoing input to the Area Manager for developing effective and scalable solutions to improve process efficiencies
- To actively participate in the Technological progression of the company by proposing new implementations and/or testing new tools
Required Skills & Experience:
- Hospitality Management degree or Hospitality background
- 1-3 years of experience in a commercial or customer centric role
- Experience in leading or mentoring people
- Strong interpersonal skills: Team player, emphatic and relationship builder. Action- oriented, results-focused and metrics-driven
- Good attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
- Proven follow-up/persistence when facing challenging situations
- Ability to generate ideas and multi-task effectively
- Native level of Italian is a must. Fluent English is requested. Other European languages will be a plus
- Yield and revenue management knowledge and analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to negotiate, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines in a fast-paced team environment
- Good motivational skills and appetite for learning
- IT skills: Channel Managers knowledge and Proficiency with CRM tools. Salesforce knowledge would be a plus. Expertise in Microsoft
What do we offer?
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels,
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure,
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences,
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning,
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path,
- We also have for you a Ticket Restaurant benefit & unlimited beverages and coffee for free at the office (with many types of milk alternatives) because we like our eDOers happy and healthy
- A phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance,
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages,
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements,
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work on a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals.
We journey together!
Come dream with us and join us now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.