eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 17 million customers it serves across 45 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
We are seeking a Legal Counsel for its Business Team. The Legal Counsel role is focused on commercial matters, and in particular the legal agreements between eDreams ODIGEO and its suppliers.
- Work closely with the Procurement department and internal stakeholders in the review, drafting and management of contracts related to products and services procured by eDreams ODIGEO with a particular focus on IT/Software and adoption of new technologies and digital solutions;
- Draft, review, and negotiate a wide range of agreements including NDAs, RFP/RFQ/RFIs, MSAs, SOWs and OFs, API agreements, white labels, partner and consultancy agreements;
- Advise on data protection and data sovereignty issues as they relate to commercial contracts, and review and negotiate DPAs;
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and business teams to ensure that legal concepts are communicated clearly, and legal frameworks are incorporated into business practices;
- Provide legal support on existing contracts and ongoing B2B relationships, and on any issues that are raised by internal stakeholders and procurement team;
- Advise teams on relevant legal issues and risks, and find solutions to mitigate risks in line with business goals;
- Ensure company policies and procedures are adhered to in the contracting process;
- Improve, draft and manage standard form agreements, templates and playbooks, and help increase the efficiency of legal contract support;
- Provide legal support on local consumer law matters and liaise with internal teams such as customer service and VIP and external counsel, as required;
- Provide support to other members of the legal team, and to business teams, on an as-needed basis.
Desired skills and experience:
- A law degree or equivalent with excellent academic credentials and be authorized to practice law in Spain;
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a practicing solicitor or in-house department with a focus on commercial and contract law;
- Strong transactional skills, with significant experience in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, leading negotiations,
- Advising on risks and strategizing;
- Particular experience in IT/Software;
- Strong GDPR and data privacy knowledge and experience;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills in English and Spanish, with the ability to draft complex legal agreements in English;
- Adapt at working cross-functionally in a rapid-paced environment;
- Strict attention to detail and the ability to manage projects and priorities;
- Strong work ethic and organisational skills
- Nice to Have: Prior knowledge in consumer law; Experience in managing Intellectual Property portfolios and advising on IP Issues.
What do we offer?
- Safe environment during COVID times: Onboarding and daily work can be done 100% remote.
- Fun at work: At eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills training, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance (e.g. half-day Fridays, team building activities, flexible hours, 28 days of holiday in 2021 +2 extra days off in Christmas, etc.).
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on all your travels.
- Competitive salaries & flexible benefits scheme: Ticket Restaurant, transport, private health insurance, etc.
- We like our eDOers happy and healthy! Free fresh fruit, water, breakfast alternatives for all (with many types of milk, teas, chocolate, etc.) and a significant GymForLess discount! After the gym you can always take a shower at our offices too.
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops, etc.
- Amazing offices in the heart of Barcelona with a beautiful terrace to have a break and enjoy the views.
- Annual awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
… And the opportunity to work on a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come dream with us and join us now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.