Are you ready to shape the future of the accommodation industry by working in one of the world’s largest online travel companies?
We want to offer our Prime customers the very best accommodation product at the lowest price. For them, we have to combine billions of potential flight combinations and millions of accommodation options every day in real time to create dynamic packages with special rates and provide the best holiday experience to our customers.
To create this unique experience, we face a lot of challenges where technology is key to finding the solutions. Some of these are:
- Help our customers find the right geolocalisation for the hotel
- 0ffer the most convenient hotel for our customers, working with machine learning capabilities
- How to manage different sources of hotel contents from different providers or directly to hoteliers
- Provide s the best description of hotels and rooms, their conditions and amenities
- Build our booking engine to create the one-stop-shop for our customers
- Provide the best post-booking service, to allow them update or modify their booking
- Offer exclusive conditions for our Prime customers (our subscription program)
With innovation, our technical and product team, we are on a mission creating amazing solutions! For this reason, we are looking for a Lead Engineer to join our tech hubs in Barcelona, Porto, Madrid or Milan.
We set the path. Shape with us the way people travel.
As a Lead Engineer you will face the challenge of balancing the demands of managing a team, giving technical guidance and contributing to code.
A Lead Engineer life can be extraordinarily rewarding. You will mentor and help other engineers progress on their professional growth, you will provide input into decisions that have a far broader impact on the eDO user base and the business, and you will develop new skills and capabilities . And we’ve got your back along the way, since you can make the most out of our bespoke internal management workshops and trainings.
This path will provide you with even more opportunities for career growth and learning. If you think that you have what it takes to become a great Lead Engineer here at eDO, you are passionate about software development and think the role is as cool and exciting as we do, go on and apply, we would love to chat with you.
Ensure technical excellence, maximise team health and develop and evaluate developers within the team are going to be your mission.
At eDreams ODIGEO, we believe in full end to end ownership of results and empower our teams to develop solutions that benefit both the customer and our business, iterating fast to continuously learn and improve. We are a fully agile organisation, and our product development teams use Kanban practices to deliver business value continuously.
We are looking for Java, PHP or JS Lead Engineers – so the stack will vary depending on what your expertise is! But in general terms, expect to work with:
- Observability and monitoring tools,
- Machine Learning models
- Cloud Platforms (Google Cloud, AWS, etc.)
- Clean code
- SOLID principles and TDD
- Microservices platforms, etc.
Our pillars for a Lead engineer:
- Scope: You are going to be the manager of a team of up to 8 developers, where you are accountable for the team delivery. Work with product and business teams to innovate with technical solutions.
- Leadership: Sets the direction of the team, helps the team to have focus on most important topics. Create and communicate the strategy of the team aligned with stakeholders. Take ownership of your own microservices, agile metrics, build time, product KPIs, … and work with this data for the continuous improvement of the team, being proactive to take actions. Be part of the leadership team of a product area, working with other lead engineers, led by the Development Director.
- Technical Knowledge: Request to the team high quality on the deliveries. Promote techniquest to improve the code quality. Able to identify areas of strategic technical debt and provide cost/benefit analysis for eliminating this debt and influence the Product Manager to take it. Inspire your team with your technical mindset to promote technical excellence (code reviews, build times, pair programming, DDD, ATDD, Clean code, …)
- People: Coaches, provides timely, actionable feedback, and invests time in career development of team members; e.g., via 1:1s and aligning employee growth with opportunity. Sets clear expectations for team members; solicits, synthesizes and delivers feedback. Responsible for performance reviews, salary review, promotions and development plan.
- Outcome: Focused on goals, not in the tasks. You are going to be responsible for the team’s productivity and impact. Always challenge the decisions to understand the why, have the context and look for the outcome. Identify delays and look for solutions with your team.
- Code: We truly believe that our Lead Engineers have to be in contact with the code and develop on it.
What do we offer?
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills trainings, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs tailored to your goals, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops, etc. & unlimited free coffee at the office (with many types of milk alternatives) because we like our eDOers happy and healthy!
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements, and a pretty horizontal and transparent culture where continuous peer feedback is our mantra, and speaking up your own innovative ideas is a given.
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun, and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and join us now.
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.