At eDreams ODIGEO, we all believe in one thing – helping millions of people discover the world through the power of travel. Our cutting edge travel tech platform does so at scale. We help more than 17 million customers reach their destination faster, cheaper and more conveniently by finding, booking and servicing the best travel deals out there. We do this by using cutting edge software development practices, clean architecture, big data and AI – all done at scale to build the best e-commerce platform in travel.
We are now on an exciting journey to double our engineering team and become the one stop travel shop for travellers around the world while reshaping the face of travel with our unique industry-leading Prime membership program.
We are looking for a passionate, energetic Java Lead Engineer to build and lead a team of 7-10 experienced software engineers in the Payments Domain.
Your team designs and delivers the best payment journey to more than 17 millions customers every year. It also discovers, designs and offers the most convenient payment options and innovative financial products. As a lead engineer, you play a critical and leading role in shaping and leading our Payments technology, as part of a talented team of experts. You collaborate with the Payments product manager to define and develop new innovative payment plans and products, design a super convenient payment experience, while staying ahead of the payments regulations. You shape the technical strategy of the Payments Domain and evolve the micro-services architecture, in collaboration with our talented architects. You collaborate with our data scientists to improve our fraud detection and management algorithms.
Your work matters. It affects whether customers are able to afford and pay for unique travel experiences that will change their lives. You have the opportunity to shape the way an entire product development domain evolves. Your input will have a critical impact on the overall eDreams business, its 17mn+ customers and hundreds of airlines. At the same time, your leadership will help your team grow, develop and feel cared for. You are leading a high performing team of cross-functional specialists, fully dedicated to one important mission – making the payment journey as easy as possible for customers.
When you join us as a Java Lead Engineer, you will see yourself:
Leading the technical delivery of a critical product at eDreams.
- Working with top-notch tech stack including Java 11, BigData (Kafka, Cassandra, BigTable, Redis, Neo4j), machine learning models, Datamesh, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud, Sonarqube and Datadog.
- Collaborating with Product, Business, Architecture, Data Science to shape the technical strategy and evolution of the Payments domain, define the technical strategy for your modules and ensure their optimal performance
- Helping your team translate functional specifications into high-performance logical technical design and code and split the work into smaller tasks that add quick value to customers
- Promoting our standards of technical excellence, innovation and continuous improvement
Leading the team.
- Leading a high performing cross functional agile team of 7-10 experienced software engineers and developers
- Taking an active role in finding and hiring the best talent available, in collaboration with our recruiters, and onboard new joiners into our culture of high performance, collaboration and growth
- Managing performance, setting goals and prioritising work for your team, balancing the capacity of the team
- Establish a sense of identity, engagement and belonging in your team, and improve team dynamics – in collaboration with your dedicated agile coach
- Act as a mentor, helping others develop their skills and professional career
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Ability to take fast and data driven decisions
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Ability to live and transmit our values
- Intense focus on what delivers customer value
- High standards around quality and technical excellence in coding
- Developing and growing self and others
- Presenting with confidence to both technical and non technical audiences
Key technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience with coding, OO design, system design, performance tuning, performance engineering, design patterns, data modelling
- Java and code base knowledge
- Knowledge and experience with distributed, concurrent and scalable systems
What’s in it for you?
- 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
- Life insurance covering death and permanent incapacity to work
- Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
- Continuous growth and learning
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
- Free subscription to Coursera Learning.
- Language classes for English and Spanish
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.