Are you ready to shape the future of the accommodation industry by working in one of the world’s largest online travel companies?
We want to offer our Prime customers the very best accommodation product at the lowest price. For them, we have to combine billions of potential flight combinations and millions of accommodation options every day in real time to create dynamic packages with special rates and provide the best holiday experience to our customers.
To create this unique experience, we face a lot of challenges where technology is key to finding the solutions. Some of these are:
- Help our customers find the right geolocalisation for the hotel
- Offer the most convenient hotel for our customers, working with machine learning capabilities
- How to manage different sources of hotel contents from different providers or directly to hoteliers
- Provide s the best description of hotels and rooms, their conditions and amenities
- Build our booking engine to create the one-stop-shop for our customers
- Provide the best post-booking service, to allow them update or modify their booking
- Offer exclusive conditions for our Prime customers (our subscription program)
With innovation, our technical and product team, we are on a mission creating amazing solutions! For this reason, we are looking for a Senior Front End Software Engineer to join our tech hubs in Barcelona, Porto, Madrid or Milan (other locations possible in Spain, Portugal or Italy). Join with us to be the deal breaker for accommodation!
We set the path. Shape with us the way people travel.
At eDreams ODIGEO, we believe in full end-to-end ownership of results and empower our teams to develop solutions that benefit both the customer and our business, iterating fast to continuously learn and improve. We are a fully agile organisation, and our product development teams use Kanban practices to deliver business value continuously.
You will work with a tech stack that may include:
- ES6 code
- Storybook to speed up developments.
- Testing frameworks and libraries like Jest, React Testing library and Cypress.
- Style Sheet preprocessors like SASS, CSS-in-JS and styled-components.
- Packages and task runners like webpack, babel, grunt, npm
- Java 8 and 11 in the BackEnd (if you want, you have the opportunity, to become a fullstack developer)
- Dockerized modules
- Git workflow with continuous integration
Having a technical mindset is vital for us, which is why we promote:
- Microservices platform and modular FE
- Powerful monitoring techniques using Datadog and Data Mesh
- version-control systems like Git & bitbucket.
- Story book using Design system made with emotion and styled system.
- Clean code
- SOLID principles and TDD
What you will do:
- Utilise your sharp analytical and pattern design skills to tackle problems.
- Come up with creative alternatives to deliver solutions.
- Use your knowledge of the Cloud and of Continuous Delivery environments to help deliver value quickly.
- Take initiative, be a self-starter and share your new ideas.
- Seek out opportunities to learn, share and grow.
- Develop our product with ‘Lean’ thinking principles.
- Work in an English-speaking environment with a talented, diverse and multicultural team.
What you need to have to be successful:
- Professional experience with React or comparable framework
- Knowledge of Storybook and React Testing Library
- Exposure to Sonarqube or similar code quality tools
- Good knowledge of CI and Git Workflow practices
- Exposure to monitoring tools such as Datadog or Google Data Studio
What’s in it for you?
- 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path (including Advanced SSE, staff engineer & principal engineer), 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano, Palma de mallorca or Alicante)
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
- Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
- Continuous growth and learning
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, industry conferences etc.
- Free subscription to frontendmasters.
- Language classes for English and Spanish
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.