Are you ready to shape the future of travel by working at one of the world’s largest online travel companies? At eDreams ODIGEO you will have a real impact, combining more than 600 airlines and 100.000 flights worldwide every day into billions of potential combinations and helping our users find the very best travel deals.
We are looking for a Java Software Engineer to join our Porto headquarters.
You will be in charge of building and developing Europe’s largest flight retailing platform which last year served over 18 million customers in 46 different markets through more than 60 million searches every day.
We set the path. Shape with us the way people travel.
At eDreams ODIGEO, we believe in full end to end ownership of results and empower our teams to develop solutions that benefit both the customer and our business, iterating fast to continuously learn and improve. We are a fully agile organisation, and our product development teams use Kanban practices to deliver business value continuously.
You will be part of an Agile multidisciplinary team where you will influence both product and technical decisions on a day-to-day basis.
Our main goal is to help our customers to find the best flights and accommodations for their trips. You will help them through:
- Offering the best destinations to stay.
- Finding the best deals over different bed-banks.
- Showing the best accommodation information.
- Improving our own recommendations algorithm.
You will work with a top notch tech stack, including:
- Java 8
- BigData (Kafka, ElasticSearch, Redis, …)
- Google Cloud
- Microservices Infrastructure
The technical mindset is really important for us, this is why we promote:
- Microservices platform
- Clean code
- SOLID principles and TDD
Do you have a real passion to thrive developing high-quality software? Join us and put your expert Java knowledge to use crafting high-performance applications.
In your role of Software Engineer, your main day to day responsibilities include:
- Assess new functional and technical ideas, estimating functional feasibility, timing (to develop and deploy), risk and business impact
- Define the best technical solution and infrastructure for new features together with architects
- Develop new product features in line with the architectural view and product and business needs
- Define and implement testing strategies in line with the business hypotheses being tested
- Continuously monitor test metrics and take action immediately when required
- Continuously manage and improve a set of core own software modules, streamlining the code to ensure maximum efficiency in production and minimum errors in testing
- Continuously improve productivity, efficiency and agility of oneself and the team, contributing positively to to the team´s health and culture
- Actively use own expertise to change the way the feature is implemented and speed up development time and business impact or to lead training sessions (formal or informal) for other PODS on areas of expertise technical or process topics
- Identify and resolve dependencies with other PODs
- Work collaboratively with support roles (UX, agile coach, business subject matter experts, business analysts, architect, etc) to identify and scope new product feature ideas
What do we offer?
- Safe environment during COVID times: Onboarding and daily work can be done 100% remote.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: with our Learning & Development programs, you will have access to tech talks, internal soft skills and technical skills trainings, language lessons, external events and industry conferences.
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- We also have for you a Ticket Restaurant benefit & unlimited beverages and coffee for free at the office (with many types of milk alternatives) because we like our eDOers happy and healthy!
- A phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance.
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements.
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and join us now.
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.