Are you a Java enthusiast? Are you looking for a challenging change? Join one of our tech hubs in Barcelona, Porto, Madrid or Milan (other locations in Spain, Portugal and Italy are equally possible) and help us to shape the future of travel.
At eDreams ODIGEO, we all believe in one thing – helping millions of people discover their world. Our cutting edge travel tech platform does so at scale. Our technology helps more than 17 million customers reach their destination faster, cheaper and more conveniently by finding the best travel deals out there.
You will join us in the Payments Domain, where our systems create 100K products every day, and they collect more than €423M in cash revenue per year, while at the same time protecting ourselves from fraud using ML algorithms. Your mission will be two fold: deliver the best payment journey to our customers and create and design new financial products for our customers.
You will work closely with product owners, data scientists, UX designers to:
- Integrate & offer customers the most innovative payment methods
- Create new innovative payment plans and products
- Design and develop a super convenient experience
- Create an intelligence anti-fraud engine based on big data
Stay ahead of the payments regulations and optimise our collection success.
This is going to be one of the most exciting and innovative areas for us. Here you can expect to be innovating on a daily basis – in terms of customer experience, complex algorithms, and also ideas for new products we can offer customers.
You will work with cutting edge technologies including Java+11, BigData (Kafka, Cassandra, BigTable, Redis, Neo4j), machine learning and Datamesh in a continuous delivery and cloud based environment (Docker, Kubernetes and GCP). Everything is supported by a high quality monitoring process with Sonarqube and Datadog.
We are looking for people that challenge the status quo, that bring new ideas to the table, that can influence, drive and have a say in the way we address our customers, the way we build our product and the way we work. Does this sound like you? 👇
When you join us as a Java Software Engineer, you will get to:
- Be part of a high performing cross functional team of 7-10 developers, plus product managers, UX designers, agile coaches, architects etc. working in collaboration to design, build and evolve the Payments Domain microservices platform
- Leverage your technical excellence mindset to promote the use of design patterns, microservices platforms, clean code and SOLID principles and TDD.
- Work with a distributed, scalable microservices platform, where software gets deployed daily, with high quality, clean code, SOLID principles, design patterns and TDD.
- Understand corporate procedures, tools and organisation in order to be independent when working with the modules on your team ownership in any phase of the SDLC.
- Acquire functional and technical knowledge in all the modules in your team ownership.
- Work with talented colleagues who will mentor you and help you develop your career super fast. Demonstrate high communication skills and an open mind to reach agreements for the benefit of the team and your stakeholders.
- Provide solutions to complex problems – by understanding the problem and the system it sits in, and working with our most senior people to to find the best solution that is robust, scalable and has good performance in a high load environment.
- Work in a fully agile organisation, using Kanban practices to deliver business value continuously, experimenting to deliver more value and be more efficient. Active participation in team ceremonies and events.
- Actively participate in the product definition and ideation processes. Have the capacity, at high level, to visually represent the solutions in standard diagrams that can be shared with both technical and non technical audiences
- Code the solutions, on a module scope, with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and test quality. Make use of corporate libraries and tools, while following corporate and team quality standards.
- Offer suggestions and creative options to deliver technical solutions that improve your product, based on active monitoring of product and technical performance
Transmit passion on what you do, willing to improve every day, focusing on quality.
What’s in it for you?
- 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
–A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
-Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
-Life insurance covering death and permanent incapacity to work
-Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
- Continuous growth and learning
- –Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
–Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
-Language classes for English and Spanish
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.