Are you a Java enthusiast? Are you looking for a challenging change? Join one of our tech hubs in Barcelona, Porto, Madrid or Milan (other locations in Spain, Portugal and Italy are equally possible) and help us to shape the future of travel.
At eDreams ODIGEO, we all believe in one thing – helping millions of people discover their world. Our cutting edge travel tech platform does so at scale. Our technology helps more than 17 million customers reach their destination faster, cheaper and more conveniently by finding the best travel deals out there.
In the Hotels area, we develop and leverage the best ecommerce technology to create the best hotel booking experience for more than 20 million customers each year. We do so by creating new technologies and platforms and applying artificial intelligence in a flexible, microservices based infrastructure. This allows us to connect directly with hoteliers, aggregate and manage different sources of hotel information from different providers, and build the best booking engine out there for hotel bookings. We aim to create a one-stop-shop for our customers, where they can find the best hotel for their needs and experience amazing post-booking service in our best-rated mobile app.
This is going to be one of the most exciting and innovative areas for us. Here you can expect to be innovating on a daily basis – in terms of customer experience, complex algorithms, and also ideas for new products we can offer customers.
We are looking for people that challenge the status quo, that bring new ideas to the table, that can influence, drive and have a say in the way we address our customers, the way we build our product and the way we work. Does this sound like you? 👇
As a Java Software Engineer, you will get to:
- Work with a top-notch tech stack such as Java 8, Java 11, Maven, TestNG, Cucumber, Mockito, Oracle, ElasticSearch, Redis, Kafka, Neo4, Datamesh, Datadog, Kibana; Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, Sonarqube and soon Spring Boot.
- Be part of a high performing cross functional team of 7-10 developers, plus product managers, UX designers, agile coaches, architects etc. working in collaboration to design, build and evolve the Hotels Domain microservices platform
- Work with a distributed, scalable microservices platform, where software gets deployed daily, with high quality, clean code, SOLID principles and TDD.
- Be fully independent when working with the modules your team ows – across all the phases of the SDLC
- Work with talented colleagues who will mentor you and help you develop your career super fast.
- Provide solutions to complex problems – by understanding the problem and the system it sits in, and working with our most senior people to find the best solution that is robust, scalable and has good performance in a high load environment.
- Work in a fully agile organisation, using Kanban practices to deliver business value continuously. Actively participate in team ceremonies and events, as well as product definition and ideation processes.
- Code the solutions, on a module scope, with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and test quality. Make use of corporate libraries and tools, while following corporate and team quality standards.
- Offer suggestions and creative options to deliver technical solutions that improve your product, based on active monitoring of product and technical performance
- Use your knowledge of Cloud and of Continuous Delivery environments, as well as other software tools to help you deliver value quickly and improve technical excellence
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience working with the entire software development cycle, including deploying to production and testing (both unit and integration)
- Good understanding of corporate procedures, tools and organisation
- Solid understanding of software engineering concepts such as OOP, functional programming, concurrency, data structures, design and architecture patterns, databases, APIs…
- Basic knowledge of Cloud and of Continuous Delivery environments to help you deliver value quickly
- Strong data driven capabilities and design pattern skills that will allow you to solve complex problems
- Ability to analyse and provide creative solutions to challenges, focusing on the outcome and not on the tasks
- Excellent communication skills and an open mind to reach agreements for the benefit of the team and your stakeholders.
- Ability to visually represent the solutions in standard diagrams that can be shared with both technical and non technical audiences.
- Capacity to organise and prioritise your work to overcome deadlines in an uncertain environment.
- Good English level that will allow you to work in a multicultural environment.
- A strong mindset for continuous learning and improvement, growth and innovation
- A team player spirit with a focus on knowledge sharing within a dynamic team
- Passion for what you do and willingness to improve every day, focusing on quality.
What’s in it for you?
- 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps managementcareer path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
Life insurance covering death and permanent incapacity to work
Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
- Continuous growth and learning
Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
Language classes for English and Spanish
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.