eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. With a presence in 45 markets, we are Europe’s largest flight retailer, serving over 17 million customers per year.
We are passionate about travel and we use technology to change the landscape of this industry and create unique experiences for our customers, giving them the best and widest selection of flights, hotels, holiday packages and differentiated products, such as our Prime subscription, the first in the market.
To help us shape the future of travel we are looking for talented Java Software Engineers to join our tech hubs in Barcelona, Porto, Madrid or Milan.
What you’ll do:
- Work with top-notch tech stack such as Java 8, Java 11, Spring Boot, Maven, TestNG, Cucumber, Mockito, Oracle, ElasticSearch, Redis,Kafka, Neo4, Datamesh, Datadog, Kibana; Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform and Sonarqube in order to help us create unique holiday experiences and products for our customers.
- Be part of product definition, understanding your product and being involved in the ideation process on how to improve it.
- Code the solutions with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and test quality.
- Work in a fully agile organisation, using Kanban practises to deliver business value continuously.
- Focus on the performance of product KPIs and technical KPIs.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Solid experience between 2 to 5 years with Java and strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals (data structures, concurrency, design patterns, algorithms).
- Experience in working with and helping in definitions that involve modern technologies, such as NoSQL databases and distributed queues.
- Great technical mindset to work in an environment where we promote the use of microservices platforms, clean code and SOLID principles and TDD.
- Strong data driven capabilities and design pattern skills that will allow you to face our business challenges.
- Knowledge of Cloud and of Continuous Delivery environments to help you deliver value quickly.
- Ability to analyse and provide creative solutions to complex problems, focusing on the outcome and not on the tasks.
- Be a team player with good communication skills and a focus on shared goals.
- Ability to challenge decisions, be proactive and seek to improve technical excellence.
- Good technical English level, given that we work in English.
What’s in it for you?
- Visa sponsorship and relocation assistance to Spain, Italy or Portugal for you and your family, including flights.
- A dedicated team that will provide confidential and special support to help you deal with the current crisis.
- A great lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You are allowed to choose the OS, laptop and screen you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Continuous growth and learning with our Learning & Development programs, that gives you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills trainings, external events, industry conferences and many more).
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Language classes so that you learn the language of the country where you are relocating to or English classes so you get more proficient in the company official language (English lessons only applicable to certain roles).
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs tailored to your goals, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- Special discounts in local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops, etc. as well as on private health insurance.
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements, and a horizontal and transparent culture where continuous peer feedback is our mantra, and speaking up your own innovative ideas is a given.
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand! You will have the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun, and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and apply now!
eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.