Are you a Java enthusiast? Are you looking for a challenging change? Join one of our tech hubs in Barcelona, Porto, Madrid or Milan (other locations in Spain, Portugal and Italy are equally possible) and help us to shape the future of travel.
At eDreams ODIGEO, we all believe in one thing – helping millions of people discover their world. Our cutting edge travel tech platform does so at scale. Our technology helps more than 17 million customers reach their destination faster, cheaper and more conveniently by finding the best travel deals out there.
In the Hotels area, we develop and leverage the best ecommerce technology to create the best hotel booking experience for more than 20 million customers each year. We do so by creating new technologies and platforms and applying artificial intelligence in a flexible, microservices based infrastructure. This allows us to connect directly with hoteliers, aggregate and manage different sources of hotel information from different providers, and build the best booking engine out there for hotel bookings. We aim to create a one-stop-shop for our customers, where they can find the best hotel for their needs and experience amazing post-booking service in our best-rated mobile app.
This is going to be one of the most exciting and innovative areas for us. Here you can expect to be innovating on a daily basis – in terms of customer experience, complex algorithms, and also ideas for new products we can offer customers.
We are looking for people that challenge the status quo, that bring new ideas to the table, that can influence, drive and have a say in the way we address our customers, the way we build our product and the way we work. Does this sound like you? 👇
When you join us as a Java Senior Software Engineer, you will get to:
- Work with a top-notch tech stack such as Java 8, Java 11, Maven, TestNG, Cucumber, Mockito, Oracle, ElasticSearch, Redis, Kafka, Neo4, Datamesh, Datadog, Kibana; Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, Sonarqube and soon Spring Boot.
- Create distributed, scalable microservices platforms, where software gets deployed daily, with high quality, clean code, SOLID principles, design patterns and TDD.
- Promote the use of microservices platforms, clean code and SOLID principles and TDD to the rest of the team
- Be independent when working with the modules on your area of expertise, in any phase of the SDLC
- Design & develop advanced systems and innovative solutions that help us solve big problems related to finance, payments or fraud. Share them with both technical and non technical audiences.
- Code the solutions with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and test quality. Be a referral of best practices within the team.
You will work in a fully agile organisation, using Kanban practices to deliver business value continuously. You will actively participate in team ceremonies and events, as well as the product definition and ideation processes, as part of a high performing cross functional team, working with other top engineers, product managers, architects, UX designers to design, build, operate and evolve the Payments Domain microservices platform. You will receive mentorship and support to help you develop your career super fast as well as use your senior expertise to mentor and help develop 2 -3 team members.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Deep understanding of software engineering concepts such as OOP, functional programming, concurrency, data structures, design and architecture patterns, databases, APIs etc.
- Experience working with the entire software development cycle, including deploying to production and testing (both unit and integration), as well as Cloud and Continuous Delivery environments
- Strong data driven capabilities, analytical skills, design pattern skills and creativity that will allow you to solve complex business and customer problems.
- Ambition to be the best and provide resilient, high performing, well dimensioned solutions to complex problems.
- Strong focus on quality, and a technical excellence mindset
- Excellent communication skills and an open mind to reach agreements for the benefit of the team and your stakeholders.
- Ability to visually represent your solutions in standard diagrams that can be shared with both technical and non technical audiences.
- Strong organisational skills. Ability to organise, prioritise and delegate tasks to overcome deadlines in an uncertain environment.
- Good English level that will allow you to work in a multicultural environment and communicate at all levels.
- A strong mindset for continuous learning and improvement, growth and innovation.
- A team player attitude with a focus on knowledge sharing within a dynamic team.
- Passion for what you do, willing to improve every day and apply the latest state of the art technology, when possible, to your solutions.
What’s in it for you?
- 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps managementcareer path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
Life insurance covering death and permanent incapacity to work
Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
- Continuous growth and learning
Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
Language classes for English and Spanish
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.