We are looking for a Java Software Engineer to join our tech hubs in Barcelona, Porto, Madrid or Milan or to our spoke locations in Zaragoza, Seville, Valencia or Palma to help us shape the future of the accommodation industry and provide the best holiday experience to our customers.
We use technology to create a unique experience by helping our customers find the right geolocalisation for the hotel, managing different sources of hotel contents from different providers or directly to hoteliers or providing accurate descriptions of hotels and rooms. We aim to build our booking engine to create a one-stop-shop for our customers, providing great post-booking service and offering the most convenient hotel for our customers, working with machine learning capabilities to do so.
What you’ll do:
- Work with top-notch tech stack such as Java 8, Java 11, Spring Boot, Maven, TestNG, Cucumber, Mockito, Oracle, ElasticSearch, Redis,Kafka, Neo4, Datamesh, Datadog, Kibana; Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform and Sonarqube in order to help us create this unique experience for our customers.
- Be part of product definition, understanding your product and being involved in the ideation process on how to improve it.
- Code the solutions with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and test quality.
- Work in a fully agile organisation, using Kanban practises to deliver business value continuously.
- Focus on the performance of product KPIs and technical KPIs.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Solid experience for more than 5 years with Java and strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals (data structures, concurrency, design patterns, algorithms).
- Experience in working with and helping in definitions that involve modern technologies, such as NoSQL databases and distributed queues.
- Great technical mindset to work in an environment where we promote the use of microservices platforms, clean code and SOLID principles and TDD.
- Strong data driven capabilities and design pattern skills that will allow you to face our business challenges.
- Use your knowledge of Cloud and of Continuous Delivery environments to help you deliver value quickly.
- Ability to analyse and provide creative solutions to complex problems, focusing on the outcome and not on the tasks.
- Be a team player with good communication skills and a focus on shared goals
- Challenge decisions, be proactive and seek to improve technical excellence.
- Good technical English level, given that we work in English.
What’s in it for you?
- We support a great lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- New to the city? We offer great relocation packages.
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You are allowed to choose the OS, laptop and screen you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Continuous growth and learning with our Learning & Development programs, that gives you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills trainings, external events, industry conferences and many more).
- Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
- Language classes so that you learn the language of the country where you are relocating to or English classes so you get more proficient in the company official language
- Fast-track career development: with our unique programs tailored to your goals, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops, etc. & unlimited free coffee at the office (with many types of milk alternatives).
- Additional prizes and awards for a variety of team and individual achievements, and a horizontal and transparent culture where continuous peer feedback is our mantra, and speaking up your own innovative ideas is a given.
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.