Who we are and what is our purpose?
At eDreams ODIGEO, we all believe in one thing – helping millions of people discover their world. Our overall mission is to create a one-stop-shop for our customers, where they can find and book the best travel options for their needs and experience amazing post-booking service in our best-rated mobile app. Our cutting edge ecommerce platform helps more than 17 million customers in 46 countries reach their destination faster, cheaper and more conveniently by finding the best travel deals out there.
If you are up for a challenge, you won’t find a more impactful or rewarding experience. Now, it’s the perfect time to join us. We are growing very rapidly out of the pandemic and are investing heavily in our Technology organization, bringing opportunities for impact and growth galore.
In the Technology team, we want to make our development teams be and feel the most productive in the world.
Our mission is to develop and run generic services and build common libraries for our product teams. We also are in charge of automating development processes (e.g., CI/CD) and supporting, training and evangelising product teams in the usage of our portfolio. Finally, we strive to always be on top of all the productivity pain points of our product teams.
What you’ll need to be successful
Are the topics below in your list of interests? If yes, this might be a good opportunity.
- Software architecture? Micro services? Cloud?
- Distributed, scalable and resilient in systems with millions of daily transactions? Availability and resilience in 24/7 systems? Performance tuning? Chaos engineering?
- System design? Domain-driven design?
- Hexagonal architectures? Event-driven architectures?
- Technologies such as Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, BigTable, ElasticSearch, BigQuery, Redis, Spark?
- Drive the technical evolution of one or more backend services in our platform
- Be the go-to person for lead engineers and senior Java developers for all questions regarding coding, design and tools
- Collaborate with multiple backend teams (~30 developers)
- Help business and product in scoping and phasing ideas already in their backlogs
- Contribute ideas to backlogs to help business and product teams with their challenges
- Mentor lead and senior engineers in their technical growth
- Work with other architects in cross-team, company-level technical initiatives
- Software coding (Java), design patterns, architecture and performance engineering
- Excellent communication skills, with technical and non-technical people
- Assertiveness and influencing: able to get your point across and challenge those of others in a calm and positive manner
What will you need to be successful?
- 8+ years of backend development experience in Java
- Expert knowledge in common backend protocols, methodologies, patterns and technologies, such as REST, RPC, dependency injection frameworks, transactional systems, or design patterns
- Experience designing software systems or micro-services
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- Experience with machine learning systems
- Experience in big multi-language/country ecommerce websites
- Experience in the travel sector
What’s in it for you?
- 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy.
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
- Life insurance covering death and permanent incapacity to work
- Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
- Continuous growth and learning
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
- Free subscription to Coursera.
- Language classes for English and Spanish
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 50 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.