We are now on an exciting journey to double our engineering team and become the one stop travel shop for travelers around the world while reshaping the face of travel with our unique industry-leading Prime membership.
We are looking for a passionate, energetic Java Lead Engineer to lead a team of 7-10 experienced software engineers. In this role, you will play a critical part in our expansion across European locations. You will have the unique opportunity to shape the way an entire product development domain evolves and have input into decisions that have a far broader impact on the eDreams business and its 17mn+ customers. All this while building a reputation and professional brand for yourself, and caring and developing a team of high performing engineers. The role will report into one of our Development Directors.
When you join us as a Java Lead Engineer, you will see yourself:
Leading the technical delivery of a critical product at eDreams.
- Working with top-notch tech stack including Java 11, Oracle database, BigData (Kafka, Cassandra, BigTable, Redis, Neo4j), machine learning models, Datamesh, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud, Sonarqube and Datadog.
- Collaborating with Product and Business (in this case, revenue), to shape the strategy and evolution of the prices of our products and services.
- Helping your team translate functional specifications into high-performance logical technical design and code and split the work into smaller tasks that add quick value to customers.
- Collaborating with Architecture to define the technical strategy for your modules and ensure their optimal performance.
- Promoting our standards of technical excellence, innovation and continuous improvement.
Leading the team.
- Leading a high performing cross functional agile team of 7-10 experienced software engineers and developers.
- Taking an active role in finding and hiring the best talent available, in collaboration with our recruiters, and onboard new joiners into our culture of high performance, collaboration and growth.
- Managing performance, setting goals and prioritizing work for your team, balancing the capacity of the team and improving team dynamics.
- Establish a sense of identity, engagement and belonging in your team.
- Act as a mentor, helping others develop their skills and professional career.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Ability to take fast and data driven decisions.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Ability to live and transmit our values.
- Intense focus on what delivers customer value.
- High standards around quality and technical excellence in coding.
- Developing and growing self and others.
- Presenting with confidence to both technical and non technical audiences.
Key technical skills and knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience with coding, OO design, system design, performance tuning, performance engineering, design patterns, data modelling.
- Java and code base knowledge.
- Knowledge and experience with distributed, concurrent and scalable systems.
What’s in it for you?
- 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain and Portugal, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid and Porto).
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS.
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
- Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
- Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance.
- Continuous growth and learning.
- Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
- Language classes for English and also Spanish classes for eDOers relocated to Spain.
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid or Porto).
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities.
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.