Are you a Java enthusiast? Are you looking for a challenging change? Join one of our tech hubs in Barcelona, Porto, Madrid or Milan (other locations in Spain, Portugal and Italy are equally possible) and help us to shape the future of travel.
At eDreams ODIGEO, we all believe in one thing – helping millions of people discover their world. Our cutting edge travel tech platform does so at scale. Our technology helps more than 17 million customers reach their destination faster, cheaper and more conveniently by finding the best travel deals out there.
You will join us in the Payments Domain, where our systems create 100K products every day, and they collect more than €423M in cash revenue per year, while at the same time protecting ourselves from fraud using ML algorithms. Your mission will be two fold: deliver the best payment journey to our customers and create and design new financial products for our customers.
You will work closely with product owners, data scientists, UX designers to:
- Integrate & offer customers the most innovative payment methods
- Create new innovative payment plans and products
- Design and develop a super convenient experience
- Create an intelligence anti-fraud engine based on big data
- Stay ahead of the payments regulations and optimise our collection success.
This is going to be one of the most exciting and innovative areas for us. Here you can expect to be innovating on a daily basis – in terms of customer experience, complex algorithms, and also ideas for new products we can offer customers.
You will work with cutting edge technologies including Java+11, BigData (Kafka, Cassandra, BigTable, Redis, Neo4j), machine learning and Datamesh in a continuous delivery and cloud based environment (Docker, Kubernetes and GCP). Everything is supported by a high quality monitoring process with Sonarqube and Datadog
We are looking for people that challenge the status quo, that bring new ideas to the table, that can influence, drive and have a say in the way we address our customers, the way we build our product and the way we work. Does this sound like you? 👇
As a Java Developer in the Payments Domain, you will:
- Be part of a high performing cross functional team of 7-10 developers, working in collaboration with the lead engineer and other senior engineers to design, build and evolve the Collection and Payments microservices platform.
- Build your technical excellence mindset and acquire functional knowledge in the Payments area to code solutions with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and test quality.
- Work with a distributed, scalable microservices platform, where software gets deployed daily, with high quality, clean code, SOLID principles, design patterns and TDD.
- Learn about corporate procedures, tools and organisation in order to collaborate with your team to add new features to the modules on your team ownership.
- Acquire functional and technical knowledge in some modules in your team ownership.
- Work with talented colleagues who will mentor you and help you develop your career super fast. Demonstrate high communication skills and an open mind to reach agreements for the benefit of the team and your stakeholders.
- Work in a fully agile organisation, using Kanban practices to deliver business value continuously. Active participation in team ceremonies and events.
- Actively participate in the product definition and ideation processes.
- Code the solutions, with the support of your teammates, in the scope of minor features or isolated changes with low impact. Actively participate in any phase of the SDLC.
- Continuously learn and participate in workshops, hackathons and other events as we consider key to be active within the IT community.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Solid experience of more than 2 years with Java.
- Experience working with the coding and testing parts of the software development cycle.
- Basic knowledge of software engineering concepts such as OOP, functional programming, concurrency, data structures, design and architecture patterns, databases, APIs…
- Ability to analyse and provide creative solutions to challenges, focusing on the outcome and not on the tasks.
- A strong mindset for continuous learning and improvement, growth and innovation
- Be a team player with a focus on knowledge sharing within a dynamic team.
- Good English level that will allow you to work in a multicultural environment.
- Transmit passion on what you do, and be willing to improve every day.
What’s in it for you?
- 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
– A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
–Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
–Life insurance covering death and permanent incapacity to work
–Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
- Continuous growth and learning
-Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
-Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
–Language classes for English and Spanish
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.