At eDreams ODIGEO, we all believe in one thing – helping millions of people discover their world. Our cutting edge travel tech platform does so at scale. Our technology helps more than 17 million customers reach their destination faster, cheaper and more conveniently by finding the best travel deals out there.
In the Customer Self Service domain, our mission is pretty simple: bring the power back to travelers. We aim to offer customers the best postbooking services in just one click. We aim to empower travelers to quickly resolve any unexpected changes to any of their travel plans across all our platforms (desktop web, mobile web and native apps). You think it’s simple? well… It is not: in an industry that connects hundreds of airlines, millions of travel routes and thousands of hotels, managing travel bookings can be a nightmare. But we aimed for the stars and created a team that rocks and this has paid off. Our self service postbooking system has already achieved a big impact for our customers making our post booking experience the highest rated of any OTA. We will not stop until we completely transform the travel experience by helping our travelers to make informed decisions and adapt their trips as they want!
We are looking for a Java Developer to join our tech hubs in Barcelona, Porto, Madrid or Milan (other locations in Spain, Portugal and Italy are equally possible) to help us shape the future of travel and provide the best holiday experience to over 17 million customers.
As a Java Developer in the Customer Self Service Domain, you will:
- Work with top-notch tech stack including Java 11, BigData (Kafka, Cassandra, BigTable, Redis, Neo4j), machine learning models, Datamesh, Docker, Kubernetes, Google Cloud, Sonarqube and Datadog.
- Develop powerful and advanced algorithms that are at the forefront of innovation in travel tech, e.g. new ways to predict airline cancellations and new ways to automate super complex business flows no-one else has achieved so far
- Build and leverage your technical excellence mindset to code solutions with the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and test quality.
- Work with a distributed, scalable microservices platform, where software gets deployed daily, with high quality, clean code, SOLID principles and TDD.
- Work with talented colleagues who will mentor you and help you develop your career super fast.
- Work in a fully agile organisation, using Kanban practices to deliver business value continuously.
- Be part of a high performing cross functional team of 7-10 developers, POs, UXers, QAs, data scientists etc, all sharing the same values and focus on the customer.
- Actively participate in the product definition and ideation processes.
- Continuously learn and participate in workshops, hackathons and other events as we consider key to be active within the IT community.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Strong ability to code with Java or any Object oriented programming. We care about skills, not frameworks experience
- Strong technical problem solving skills. Ability to analyse and provide creative solutions to challenges, focusing on the outcome and not on the tasks.
- A strong mindset for continuous learning and improvement, growth and innovation.
- Be a team player with a focus on knowledge sharing within a dynamic team. Contribute to positive and inclusive team culture. You understand the power of feedback and you know how to deliver praise and constructive feedback within your team
- Good English level that will allow you to work in a multicultural environment.
- Quality mindset -> you deliver consistently correct and well tested code
- Ability and interest to understand and apply best practices for your given technical area. Interested in learning our domain and technologies and evolving your data-driven capabilities and design pattern skills
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills, comfortable to work in large teams or teams of teams
- High level of personal leadership and ownership, ability to plan and organise own work and take responsibility
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies
What’s in it for you?
- 🚀Grow your career with our Fast-track development program. You will be able to tailor and accelerate your growth, choosing between 6 steps development career path, 3 steps architecture career path or 3 steps management career path.
- Work wherever and whenever: You will have a great lifestyle and work-life-balance 🏡 with our: flexible hours policy, short Friday schedule (9am-3pm) and flexible remote working policy. You will have the option to work from any location in Spain, Portugal or Italy, with occasional travels to one of our main hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Choose your equipment and really own it! You can choose the OS, laptop and monitor you want to work with and the equipment is totally yours after 3 years in the company.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure PLUS
– A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels and hotel bookings
– Special discounts in other local venues, such as gyms, restaurants, shops.
– Life insurance covering death and permanent incapacity to work
– Flexible remuneration plan that allows you to pay reduced rates and tax free for childcare, transport, restaurants, and health insurance
- Continuous growth and learning
– Our Learning & Development programs give you access to tech talks, soft and technical skills training, external events, industry conferences etc.
– Free subscription to O’Reilly Online Learning.
– Language classes for English and Spanish
- A great relocation package, for those that decide to move to one of our hub locations (Barcelona, Madrid, Porto, Milano)
- Amazing offices in central locations in Barcelona, Madrid, Milano and Porto, newly refurbished to support team building and social activities
Come fly with us and apply now!
At eDreams ODIGEO we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and inclusion at the workplace in all the countries we are present. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, skin color, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other feature that can be perceived as discriminatory.
We are more than 1000 people from more than 45 nationalities. All different and diverse, but all united by shared values and focused on achieving success, together as a team. Our people are the key of our success. Each one of them is unique in their own way and the respect for their uniqueness is and will always be a passion and motivation.