eDreams ODIGEO is one of the world’s largest online travel companies and one of the largest European e-commerce businesses. Under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo – it offers the best deals in regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance to make travel easier, more accessible, and better value for the more than 18 million customers it serves across 44 markets. eDreams ODIGEO is listed in the Spanish Stock Market.
The Internal Controls Auditor will report to the Group Director of Internal Audit and initially work in conjunction with the Internal Audit Manager and Internal Audit IT Manager to ensure achievement of the annual Internal Audit Plan, performing SCIIF controls testing, ITGC & Cybersecurity controls testing, financial and operational audit reviews, and corporate governance tasks.
This will involve the analysis of accounting and information systems, documentation of business processes and management controls, application of benchmarking and best practice, focusing on walkthrough and testing of internal control systems and related risks, in order to determine compliance with Group, local regulatory and contractual requirements, and evaluate local subsidiary operational performance including the recommendations for optimization.
- Perform financial, operational, and ad-hoc (fraud/special investigation) reviews throughout all of the eDreams ODIGEO Group.
- Perform, and review the SCIIF internal control assignments
- Perform high level IT security risks analysis over different IT layers including Operating Systems, Databases, networking and technologies like Cloud computing services.
- Perform high level General Data Protection Regulation internal reviews.
- Collect, review and analyze complex data and evaluate information and systems.
- Identification of opportunities for optimization of local processes and internal controls.
- Communicate audit conclusions and recommendations via written reports and oral presentations in English.
- Monitor implementation of internal audit recommendations and management remediation plans.
- Participate in the drafting of governance reports; Annual Corporate Governance, Director Remuneration, and Non Financial Information, in both English & Spanish language.
- Liaise with eDreams ODIGEO subsidiaries leadership to share, design, implement, and rollout of best practice policies & procedures.
- Coordination with external audit teams to maximize efficiency.
- 3 years + relevant external audit or internal audit experience
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field
- Fluency in English (written and oral) is essential.
- Candidates must have high integrity, maintain good relationships, and should be capable of working independently
- Strong interpersonal, communication, & technical skills as the candidates would have to discuss, advise, provide recommendations, and present reports to management.
- Good understanding of accounting principles including IAS, US GAAP, COSO Internal Control Framework, SCIIF, Sarbanes-Oxley, Enterprise Risk Management practices, current applicable laws/regulations.
- General understanding on main IT Security standards including ISO27001, PCI DSS, Cyber-security framework
- General understanding on General Data Protection Regulation requirements.
- Proficiency in MS Office and experience in working with Microsoft AX Dynamics Back Office
- Candidates that come from a Big4 background are preferred
What do we offer?
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance with our flexible hours and flexible remote work policy.
- A phenomenal lifestyle and work-life-balance.
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work on a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come dream with us and join us now!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.